Stores, Malls or Markets in Buenos Aires

• Calle Florida (Florida street)
    Night Market
    View outside the mall

Most Viewed Shopping in Buenos Aires

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Clona: Clona

by Gypsystravels Updated May 6, 2009

We had passed this store many times to and from our hotel and I deciced I would walk in when I was ready to do some shopping to pick up a pair of sandals for Kristara.

Because it was summer in Buenos Aires, everyone was wearing sandals and open toe shoes, and I happen to see all the young girls with these new gladiator style sandals which wrapped around the ankle in all sorts of colors.

The store had some sort of sale going on and the color and sizes where limited, but I spotted a nice pair of silver sandals that I thought Kristara would love and decided to check them out.

I walked in the store and the sales guy was very friendly, he told me which colors he had in her size and brought them all out for me to see which I wanted.

I decided on a nice pair of silver thong, ankle wrap for Kristara and a pair of aqua blue for me. I also found a really nice size leather messenger bag for walking around the city.

What to buy: I purchased two pair of sandals at $79 pesos and my bag was $109 pesos, a total bargain.

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Terrior Wine: Wine Shop

by Gypsystravels Updated Apr 9, 2009

A friend and member of another website is the proprietor of this wine shop and during my last visit I sent him an email to see if he was around so he can assist me in narrowing down my Argentinian wines.

Alex was away during my visit but he quickly suggested three different categories of wines for me to choose from ranging from $300 pesos to $450 pesos (for six bottles). We looked over our list and made our choices of 12 different wines.

The best part about buying my wines here is that Alex made sure to package my wines for easy transport back home and they even delivered the large packaged box to our hotel.

I would definitely recommend Terrior to any one visiting Buenos Aires and if you need more information, please contact me.

What to buy: A large variety of red, white and rose wines as well as sparkling wine (not Champagne, that is only made in France, lol).

What to pay: The prices are quite comparable to other places that sell wine and you can pick up an excellent Argentinian Malbec for about $14 (US).

• Porteno's Profile Photo

Teran: Mens shoes

by Porteno Written Jun 23, 2008

This is the best new shoe store in BA fantastic design and comfort

Terán, la firma de calzado masculino de lujo, abrió las puertas de su primera tienda en Buenos Aires. Con un concepto innovador, el espacio fue concebido para un hombre moderno, amante de la perfección. La nueva colección incluye, en sus distintas líneas, zapatos acordonados en charol, botinetas de punta alargada y botas de media caña; ideales para sorprender a los papás. Thames 1863.

What to buy: shoes shoes and more shoes

What to pay: very good value

• quickroute's Profile Photo

Kiosco: 24 Hour Alcohol Delivery

by quickroute Updated Jun 15, 2008

I was out for a walk the other day. I love walking. It's therapeutic or soothing or something like that and it's good for you! I pick an area of the city I haven't been to and try and navigate there on foot. Sometimes I get there and sometimes I don't, but I enjoy the exercise. I hate most forms of conventional exercise. The gym, swimming, jogging, pilates (whatever the hell that is?), they are ALL so bleedin' BORING! Walking is cool and everybody does it so it must be really cool. So there I was, walking the other day and I passed this kiosko, which is like an off-licence / mini-mart shop thingy and look what I found......and this in the middle of Lent as well. Jaezuz, what a bunch o' heathens. Who in their right mind would need an alcohol delivery service available 24 hours. It's a moral outrage I tell you....tsk tsk tsk.

More tips and info available here -

Paddy in Buenos Aires

What to buy: Beer

What to pay: US$1.30 per litre

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo

The London Tie Shop: FANTASTIC TIES in Buenos Aires

by VeronicaG Updated Apr 26, 2008

The London Tie shop was located near our hotel Design Suites. (Unfortunately I didn't write down the street.) Although not specifically an Argentine shop, I have to recommend this because we found all manners of ties...funky to conservative styles. Our son needed a tie to match a very unusual shade in a suit. THERE IT WAS--the very color in a display of ties every color of the rainbow in prints,stripes or solids. While we were mentally absorbing all the styles and colors of ties, it began to rain so I bought a super classy umbrella--they came in black, tan or burgundy colors with wood handles. A bit pricey, but..........you guessed it, every time I use it...I think of Buenos Aires.

What to buy: TIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• KStanz's Profile Photo

All over BA: Practical Puchases - Something other than leather

by KStanz Written Feb 4, 2008

I love to share a bargin. Of course you will find great leather in BA and can read endless reviews, but here two items that we took advantage of during our visit:

1.) Ride a scooter or motorcycle - Helmets are cheap!!! Just stop someone riding a motorcycle and ask them where to go. You can't beat the prices

2.) Over the counter meds - Asprin, Benadryl, Decongestents Anti-Inflamatories. We ended up with a torn ligament on our trip and were so excited that we could get Anti-Inflamatories over the counter. $13ARP for a package of 24.

• silvinapaula's Profile Photo

Factory, Outlets and more: Avellaneda Ave. (Flores neighbourhood)

by silvinapaula Written Sep 27, 2007

Avellaneda Avenue at Flores neighbourhood is one of the most convenients places to shop. It is about 8 blocks from side to side, that are full of small stores, outlets and direct from factory.
    Ussually the are not for direct consumers but on saturdays (only mornings) this thing change: they sell at very cheap prices, and they sell a lot ! It is full of people on saturdays mornings.

What to buy: Clothes: for women mainly, but you can find for babies and kids, and in a few places, for men. Very cheap prices in sport clothes.

What to pay: From 10 to 100 pesos (you can find a jean at about 35 pesos, t-shirts from 5 to 10 pesos, etc). Only cash.

• Study Abroad
    • Women's Travel

• trvlrtom's Profile Photo

Plata Nativa: Quality goods

by trvlrtom Updated Aug 10, 2007

While located in an arcade off calle Florida, Plata Nativa's shelves have more unique and high quality items such as religious images, reliquaries, charms, domestic altars, old paintings and crafts. On display are pre-Columbian, colonial and indigenous pieces including a contemporary jewelry made of silver and semi-precious stones.
    You can spend a little money and buy some one-of-a-kind silver earrings, or spend a lot on original pieces. Either way, it is worth the time to step in off calle Florida just to see what is on display.

• Luxury Travel

• elpariente's Profile Photo

Compras , compras.. / Shopping , shopping....

by elpariente Written Apr 24, 2007

Para los europeos son muy atractivas las compras en este momento en Argentina . Voy a indicar alguno de los sitios que nos gustaron por su diseño , su precio...
    - "Guido mocasines" Zapatos C/ Quintana 333 Muy buen precio y diseño
    - "La Martina"- Camisas , camisetas de Polo , cazadoras.. - Primera tienda en Arribeños y Monrroy , hay sucursales en casi todos los centros comerciales - Están de moda en España Caro , pero más barato que en España
    - "López" Artículos de cuero de lujo , carpincho , huanaco... En Galerías Pacífico y en Patio Bullrich Dicen que es la tienda más exclusiva de pieles con diseños bonitos y pieles buenas y caras
    - "Laffon" Artículos de cuero de lujo , carpincho , huanaco... Viamonte 582 - (esquina Florida) http://www.laffonleathers.com - Tienda exclusiva de pieles con diseños bonitos y pieles buenas y caras
    - "Lazaro" - Bolsos , carteras de cuero... En Galerías Pacífico - Diseños muy modernos y buenos precios

What to buy: For the Europeans the purchases at this moment in Argentina are very attractive. I am going to indicate some of the sites that pleased us by their design, its price…
    - “Guido mocasines” Shoes C/ Quintana 333 - Very good price and design
    - “The Martina” - Shirts, t-shirts of Pole, jackets. - First original shop is in Monrroy and Arribeños , there are branches in almost all the important malls- They are fashionable in Spain Expensive but more cheaper than in Spain
    - “Lopez” Leather luxury articles , capybara, huanaco… In Pacific Galleries and Patio Bullrich The say that it is the most exclusive store of leather with pretty designs , good and expensive leather
    - “Laffon” - Leather luxury articles, capybara, huanaco… Viamonte 582 - ( corner Florida st.) http://www.laffonleathers.com - Exclusive leather store with pretty designs , good and expensive leather
    - “Lazaro” - Leather bags , purses, … In Pacific Galleries - Designs very modern and good prices

Supermercado "Disco": Ojos de Bife

by elpariente Updated Apr 24, 2007

La carne Argentina es muy buena , por eso el último día , antes de volver a España , hicimos una compra importante en "Disco" ( hay muchos supers de esta cadena en BA ) , de bife de chorizo, ojo de bife y lomo y nos los embasaron al vacío
    Como las maletas viajan en el avión en bodega a baja temperatura ,las facturamos y llegó la carne muy bien . Así pudimos celebrar nuestra vuelta con la familia y los amigos
    En el aeropuerto también puedes encontrar carne , pero es tres veces más cara
    The Argentina meat is very good, for that reason the last day, before returning to Spain, we made in “ Disco”( There are many supers of this chain in BA ) an important purchase , of steak ( Bife de chorizo), steak eye ( Ojo de bife ) and back ( Lomo )and they put it on vacuum bags . As the suitcases travel in the airplane store at low temperature, we checked them and the meat arrived very well. Thus we could celebrate our return with the family and the friends .
    In the airport also you can find meat, prepaired for transport , but it is three times more expensive

Galerías Pacífico: En la calle Florida / In Florida street

by elpariente Written Apr 22, 2007

En un edificio de la calle Florida , construido en 1895 , que ha pasado de ser la sede del Museo Nacional de Bellas Artes a unas oficinas de una compañía de ferrocarriles , se le ha declarado Monumento Nacional y en él han hecho uno de los centros comerciales más importantes de Argentina .
    A parte de visitar las tiendas , que son de las mejores marcas internacionales y nacionales , no dejes de ver la cúpula que tiene murales de importantes pintores Argentinos
    In a building in Florida street , built on 1895 , that has been the local for the Arts National Museum and a railway company offices , has been declared National Monument and on it they have done one of the most important malls in Argentina
    Besides visiting the shops , that are of the best marks national and international , you must see the murals in the dome that are of the most important Argentina painters

• ripples's Profile Photo

Calle Florida (Florida street): Shopping in BA

by ripples Written Jan 20, 2007

Florida Street is a strip of stores where you can get clothes, souvenirs, leather goods and the like. It's really touristy but I believe the souvenirs are affordable. Don't forget to visit Prune they have great leather goods.

What to buy: Leather Goods.

• sof76's Profile Photo

Shopping (Furniture specially): Buenos Aires Design

by sof76 Updated Jan 17, 2007

In the third floor of this mini shopping it is the Hard Rock Cafe.

En el tercer piso de este pequeño shopping se encuentra el Hard Rock Cafe.

What to buy: This is a shopping for buing furniture, and accesories for the house.

Es un shopping para comprar muebles y accesorios para la casa.

What to pay: It's not specially cheap, but it's ok and has really nice and original things!

No es especialmente barato pero esta bein y tiene cosas muy lindas y originales!

• sabrina_florida's Profile Photo

Markets: Handcraft

by sabrina_florida Written Jan 13, 2007

The good thing about markets in Buenos Aires is that all the craft sold there was made by hand. These are made of different materials such as leather, glass, clay, and even dried orange peel!
    The best markets are located in Plaza Francia (Recoleta area) and in Belgrano neighbourhood (Juramento and Vuelta de Obigado streets). Both are open on Saturdays and Sundays and public holidays.

• Ricolletta Craft market: So much to see and buy - start early

by SA_Traveller Written Jan 6, 2007

On a Sundays right next to the Ricoletta cemetery is the craft market. DON'T MISS it. It is amazing. And the best place to buy gifts. Locals also get together and when I was there they had a music festival. The also sell the most delicious fruit shakes, they make it fresh on the spot. I wish I had more time to spend at this market, but I had one Sunday and had to fit in the Antiques market as well. If you have to choose, I would recommend the Ricoletta market as they sell things you really want and it is easy to get there.

What to buy: Handmade items. From Scarfs to puppets.

What to pay: Budget

Latest: Mar 27, 2014
Castelar Hotel And Spa
Latest: Jan 15, 2014

Instant Answers: Buenos Aires

Comments

Buenos Aires Shopping

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Buenos Aires locals.
Map of Buenos Aires