City Tours, Buenos Aires

Building Reflection
    Building Reflection
  • Buenos Aires Guided Tours

by pedrowerberg Written Aug 16, 2007

I was recently in Buenos Aires and hired the services of Pedro Werberg, a fully bilingual tour guide. Pedro is very knowledgable and affable, we visited several nice spots in the city that we would have otherwise missed. He charges US15/hour for his 3 to 4 hour tours.

Alice, Ca.

• Hiking and Walking

• pcombette's Profile Photo

Buenos Aires from a helicopter

by pcombette Updated Jan 16, 2007

Hi friends from everywhere! It's me again (Philippe) inviting you to join me in one of the most incredible adventures possible. This time, we fly over Buenos Aires in a beautifull little bird: a helicopter. Believe me, there's many things to do in this city, but nothing so amazing compared to this.

The "helitour" lasts 30 to 40 minutes and you can see EVERYTHING (from the Delta to the city centre) at just 500 feets altitude. As always, you only need to call me or email me to set it up, we meet in my appartement in Palermo and we go together to the airport.

Once there, we meet the pilot, he shows us the helicopter and we go flying!! After the tour, we go back to the city centre together. We'll be taking my own car so there's no need to take a taxi.

Remember I always update the pictures in my blog, so do not forget to take a look at them before anything =) - Check outa http://flyba.skyblog.com/

If you want to contact me to set up a flight for you and your friends, call me at 15 5454 7775. Note: The cost is U$D 160 each.

You can also contact me by email or add me to your MSN contact list. I am currently living in the neighborhood Palermo, in the Capital Federal, next to Recoleta. I can help you out organizing anything you want here in the city! If you just need some information about where to stay or what to do, also feel free to ask. My email is p_combette@hotmail.com.

• Adventure Travel
    • Gay and Lesbian

• sabrina_florida's Profile Photo

Cicerones: Free tours by volunteers

by sabrina_florida Written Oct 7, 2006

The volunteers of this non-profit organization walk you along the streets of Buenos Aires telling you its history. It is sponsored by the Government and the groups are not bigger than 8 people.
    Visit their webpage and take a look!

• nattybabe's Profile Photo

Do a city tour

by nattybabe Written Sep 5, 2006

I have gotten into the habit of doing a city tour whenever I’m new to a city. It helps me orientate myself and figure out where everything is before I attempt it all on my own.

The Buenos Aires city tour was a half day and took us to some major tourist sites including the Pink Palace, La Boca and Recoleta. At each place you are given an introduction including a history lesson on the region. For someone like me who knew nothing of Argentina it is very interesting to know what the people have been through last century alone. You will see some amazing buildings and places and get a brief history of Buenos Aires on a city tour. Well worth doing!!

Going to Recoleta

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Take a free guided tour with a Cicerone

by Dabs Updated Apr 22, 2006

I read about the Cicerone program just a few days before we were leaving for our trip but I sent off an email anyway on the chance that they might have someone available. I didn't hear anything before I left but I managed to check my email from the road and sure enough there was one available for our visit. Do try and arrange for this in advance so you have a chance to correspond with your guide and get a chance to figure out a good itinerary that matches your interests.

Veronica showed up at our hotel at the arranged time and gave us a couple of options, I wanted to go somewhere that we would find difficult to get to on our own so when she suggested La Boca and San Telmo, I thought that sounded like a good plan. She offered us the option of taxi or bus and we opted for the bus (be sure to pay your guide's fare!)

We walked around La Boca BEFORE the tourist buses arrived for the day and got some of the history and then hopped back on the bus to get to San Telmo. After walking around San Telmo and ducking into courtyards and a lovely church, we opted to stay in San Telmo as there were so many shops and restaurants that we wanted to stop at.

If you enjoy your tour and are not on a strict budget, consider giving your guide a donation to help fund this organization.

• alexmay0106's Profile Photo

Free personal guide to explore Buenos Aires.

by alexmay0106 Written Jan 18, 2005

CICERONES de Buenos Aires is an ONG whose goal is to improve the image of the city allowing its better knowledge to national and foreign visitors. Therefore, CICERONES offers free services for visitors of guides to get to know non traditional quaters or places of their special interest. The guides are all volunteers who like demonstrate the city from their "point of view". Its an experience of a new way getting to know Buenos Aires!

• treyond's Profile Photo

Buenos Aires guide

by treyond Written May 24, 2008

Hi, I´m a local member and i can be your guide here in Buenos Aires, i have also a van with a chaufer to take you all the places you must see. Just get in touch with me, bye. Rodrigo.

• Women's Travel