International Airport - EZE, Buenos Aires

Know about this? Rate It!

queue at Ezeiza
    by xaver
  • The main passenger hall at Ezeiza/Pistarini
    The main passenger hall at...
    by 850prc
  • International Airport - EZE
    by Dizzyhead
  • DPando's Profile Photo

Aerolineas Argentinas

by DPando Written Apr 16, 2006

pic taken almost on the Ecuador line

I flew from Barcelona through Madrid To Ezeiza also known as Ministro Pistarini after 13 or 14 hours flying... the flight was in a jumbo aircraft and the service into was excellent ...i can say that Aerolineas has a great catter to the passengers into the planes..maybe its not the best on the airports because there are a several strikes every year and you never know beforehand if your plane will take off on time or will be delay
    Barajas was a chaos.....so long corridors and at all well designed and sometimes lost in those long halls and corridors walking astrayed by there...a real mess

• Maggies's Profile Photo

EZEIZA

by Maggies Written Mar 28, 2005

Buenos Aires - view from the plane

Most international flights to Buenos Aires arrive to EZEIZA Airport, south of the city. It takes at least an hour to get to the center and you can either take a taxi or bus service. Just leaving the baggage claim area you will see the tourist agencies offering you transport, hotels and usual trips too. The transportation company I used was Manuel Tienda Leon. They are totally professional and I'm sure you won't have any problems with them.

• iam1wthee's Profile Photo

ezeiza airport

by iam1wthee Written Mar 31, 2004

You have to pay a departure tax when leaving from this airport on a different day from whence you arrive.

There are no hotels inside or close by.

There is a shuttle bus in front of Terminal B that will take you downtown for 15 pesos.

There is a storage facility in Terminal A for 6 pesos.

Terminal B is where you normally arrive if you are comming from outside of the country and Terminal A is where you go if you are going to another area in Argentina.

There is a hotel stand, tourist stand, telephone network, and only a few shops.

• Marcos_BA's Profile Photo

By Air

by Marcos_BA Written Feb 1, 2004
    Ezeiza Airport. Credits to Rafael Recca - BAP

Buenos Aires is quite well deserved from the rest of the Americas, South Africa, Australasia, Europe and South Eastern Asia.

The Argentine flag carrier is Aerolíneas Argentinas, more commonly reffered as Aerolíneas. Aerolíneas has a respectable number of destinations in the Americas and Europe and their national network is excellent. They are about to start a new route to China in a few months time. They sometimes have really good offers in their website: http://www.aerolineas.com.ar

Also we have Southern Winds - Federales (http://www.sw.com.ar), American Falcon (http://www.americanfalcon.com.ar) and Aerovip.

The two main airports of Buenos Aires are Ezeiza (EZE) and Aeroparque (AEP). International flights from everywhere except Uruguay land at Ezeiza, which is located 30km from downtown.
    Aeroparque receives mostly national flights and it is only 2.5km from dowtown.

In both cases I recommend taking a taxi from the airport to the city. A journey from Ezeiza to the downtown should cost between 10 and 15 USD. Never but never take taxi services offered by persons next to the main arrivals hall. Go to the counter of any of the big taxi companies (remiserías), such as Manuel Tienda León. They might be more expensive, but you are traveling safer.

The concessionaire of both EZE and AEP is Aeropuertos Argentina 2000. Their website is very complete and updated.

• acemj's Profile Photo

Airport

by acemj Updated Nov 22, 2003

The Ezeiza International Airport is located 34 kilometers (21 miles) outside of the city, but is easily accessible by a great highway system. Once inside, there are numerous shops, cafes and excellent public facilities. You can take a shuttle or a cab into town. I arrived very late at night and there was no traffic into town so my cabbie drove about 120 kilometer per hour and got me to my hotel really fast. You can arrange for a Radio Taxi (safest, but not the cheapest) from the airport at booths inside the terminal. It's easy, because you pre-pay and can use a credit card, but you'll probably end up paying too much. The Radio cabs were charging around 45-48 pesos, while I paid 28 with a local cab.

• b1bob's Profile Photo

Aerolineas Argentinas 1257

by b1bob Updated Mar 8, 2003

Buenos Aires International Airport

I was among the first able-bodied and unencumbered people to board Aerolineas Argentinas 1257. There weren't enough people on this flight to start a fight. Even counting the crew, if there were 25 people total aboard this flight, I'll eat airline food (economy class) for a year. I settled into seat 22-C and we pulled out spot on at 7.45 p.m. with the usual safety lecture. Wheels left Brazilian soil at 7.57 p.m. The absolute dearth of humanity made it look like I could get a modicum of sleep after the supper trolley rolled through on this comparatively short flight. I tried to lift the armrests but they wouldn't go up. I checked to see if that were true in all rows. I went two rows behind me and the armrests did go up. Life was good. We made our climb, but the meal trolley hadn't rolled through. I saw them load the food aboard the aircraft in one of those high lift trucks. A stewardess told me that turbulence delayed meal service. This is the first airline I had ever flown where mild turbulence delayed meal service. Ridiculous! I have seen crews on all other airlines, even Varig, serve COFFEE in worse turbulence than this. They finally turned off the "fasten seatbelt" sign and started rolling the trolley through. I don't know why they even worried with the trolley. With the sparse cabin, they would have done it just as fast handing out the meals two by two. The plane started to shake a little as the trolley was rolling. I was afraid they would park it again and never get to 24-C. When it finally got there, the meal was pretty barren- spinach canalones with marinara sauce, a ham and cheese platter with potato salad garnished with a lime, a hard roll, and some chocolate cake. I wanted Guaraná, but they didn't have any, so I settled for water instead. Oh well, this was only a 3-hour flight. Wheels hit Argentine soil at 21.45. We parked in the middle of the tarmac and boarded a shuttle bus that took us to terminal B.

Instant Answers: Buenos Aires