International Airport - EZE, Buenos Aires

Know about this? Rate It!

queue at Ezeiza
    by xaver
  • The main passenger hall at Ezeiza/Pistarini
    The main passenger hall at...
    by 850prc
  • International Airport - EZE
    by Dizzyhead
  • cjg1's Profile Photo

EZE

by cjg1 Updated Mar 13, 2008

This fairly small airport is almost always your gateway into Buenos Aires. It is located a bit out of town and will take around 30 minutes to get into town. Best option if you are alone is to take the bus into town however with as little as two people you will find a taxi to be the best choice both money wise and also time.

• acemj's Profile Photo

Airport

by acemj Updated Nov 22, 2003

The Ezeiza International Airport is located 34 kilometers (21 miles) outside of the city, but is easily accessible by a great highway system. Once inside, there are numerous shops, cafes and excellent public facilities. You can take a shuttle or a cab into town. I arrived very late at night and there was no traffic into town so my cabbie drove about 120 kilometer per hour and got me to my hotel really fast. You can arrange for a Radio Taxi (safest, but not the cheapest) from the airport at booths inside the terminal. It's easy, because you pre-pay and can use a credit card, but you'll probably end up paying too much. The Radio cabs were charging around 45-48 pesos, while I paid 28 with a local cab.

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

American Airlines gets me there!

by Gypsystravels Updated Mar 24, 2009

Ezezia is the international airport in Buenos Aires and if you are arriving/departing on an international flight you will be transiting through here.

The airport is quite small for an international airport and there seems to be some on going construction, but I found it to be quite efficient as we actually breezed through customs on our arrival.

They have a pretty small duty free area where you can make last minute purchases, especially for their delicious wine as well as a VAT booth and the Departure tax booth.

My choice of airlines is American Airlines which has 2 daily non-stop service from JFK to EZE (incidently, only an hour apart from each other). The flight is a grueling 12 hour flight especially if you are flying in coach, but the flights are both evening flights, which makes it a bit easier on the body.

• DPando's Profile Photo

Ezeiza Airport

by DPando Updated May 4, 2006

Ezeiza is smaller than i could imagine before ...there are several small terminal ...after my plane landed at 2355h we spent some time on the customs where you need the stamp and show the paper writted before in the plane for non nationals where you have to describe how many days will you be there, and where will you go in Argentina... stupid bureaucracy inspired by stupid rules ...well the customs are so bored and you will waste quite enough time just for a bloddy stamp....
    After the baggage claim process there is the main hall .... PAY SO MUCH ATTENTION TO THIS...never never never take any cab on the street in front of the arrivals hall....there is a stall just in the middle where you can see fares to Capital or surroundings ...they will type your name and where you go and the driver after some minutes will come to u and ask for ur ticket (you pay there, not to the driver) and he carry u wherever u need or u ask for ... its a great deal
    Its reallly DANGEROUS to take a cab outside in the airport and more dangerous at night !!

The main reason u dont have to pay them inside the cab is dued so many harms at hand driving in Buenos Aires main city and surroundings

• xaver's Profile Photo

Airport

by xaver Updated Apr 28, 2013

queue at Ezeiza

There are two main airports in Buenos Aires, the international Ezeiza and the one for the local flights Newberry, which is very close to the centre of the city, Ezeiza is about one hour drive with normal traffic. I was amazed, when I arrived of how fast the passport check was, I thought, they were really efficient, but as soon as I went to the baggage claim, I had to change my mind. There was a huge que with people clapping hands in order to make police check be faster, but it did not work. After you get your luggage you have to wait until it get checked at x-ray control and the queue is really long, so expect at least one hour from the landing before you get out of the airport. The Newberry one is faster, no x-ray check.

• Maggies's Profile Photo

EZEIZA

by Maggies Written Mar 28, 2005

Buenos Aires - view from the plane

Most international flights to Buenos Aires arrive to EZEIZA Airport, south of the city. It takes at least an hour to get to the center and you can either take a taxi or bus service. Just leaving the baggage claim area you will see the tourist agencies offering you transport, hotels and usual trips too. The transportation company I used was Manuel Tienda Leon. They are totally professional and I'm sure you won't have any problems with them.

• DPando's Profile Photo

Aerolineas Argentinas

by DPando Written Apr 16, 2006

pic taken almost on the Ecuador line

I flew from Barcelona through Madrid To Ezeiza also known as Ministro Pistarini after 13 or 14 hours flying... the flight was in a jumbo aircraft and the service into was excellent ...i can say that Aerolineas has a great catter to the passengers into the planes..maybe its not the best on the airports because there are a several strikes every year and you never know beforehand if your plane will take off on time or will be delay
    Barajas was a chaos.....so long corridors and at all well designed and sometimes lost in those long halls and corridors walking astrayed by there...a real mess

• mircaskirca's Profile Photo

GOL Linhas Aereas Inteligents

by mircaskirca Updated Sep 7, 2011

Gol Linhas Aereas Inteligentes

GOL Linhas Aereas Inteligentes, Brazil's low-cost airline, began operating direct flights between Southern Brazil and Buenos Aires about three years ago. It was GOL's first international destination and has been since then very successful. Today the company offer flights to Buenos Aires from most of Brazilian states.

I made it to Buenos Aires from Curitiba (South of Brazil) and later came back to continue my trip to the North of Brazil. After browsing various airline sites (TAM, Varig and Aerolineas Argentinas also have flights between Brazilian cities and Buenos Aires) I found it the best option. And as soon as you book, the cheaper it usually gets. I booked my flight some three months in advance and payed about 250 euros (return). All the flights are to Buenos Aires' International Airport Ezeiza and they usually have connection in Assuncion (Paraguay) or Sao Paulo.

• Luxury Travel

• spidermiss's Profile Photo

Transfer Express

by spidermiss Written Feb 27, 2011

To get to my hostel safely, I booked a prepaid remise from the international airport to the city centre. I used Transfer Express and you can book your journey at one of the booths in the arrivals hall. It cost me 148 ARP (January 2011). You generally pay more a remise but you guaranteed getting to your accommodation safely and without the extra charges incurred from waiting in traffic and tolls on the highway between the airport and the city centre.

• sabrina_florida's Profile Photo

International Flights

by sabrina_florida Updated Mar 17, 2007

The most modern terminal

The international airport in Buenos Aires is definitely tiny in comparison with other cities such as London or Barcelona, but it's still nice and it's getting more modern every day. The duty free shops have been enlarged lately and you can get some nice local stuff to get home.
    There's a stall where you can wrap your bag for about 4 dollars, and that includes an insurance. There are lockers too, to keep your bags for some hours or days.
    Check the website below to check flight arrivals and departures and info about domestic airports. It has an English version.

• kalanialoha's Profile Photo

Manuel Tienda Leon - Remis Service

by kalanialoha Written Nov 4, 2006

Even though Manuel Tienda Leon is well known for their bus service to Buenos Aires, they also offer Remis service that will take you directly to your apartment rental for $79 pesos. This price is inclusive of all tolls.

I appreciated the door to door service after such a long journey from San Francisco. :)

• 850prc's Profile Photo

Pistarini (Ezeiza) Airport - a long way from town

by 850prc Written Aug 6, 2011

The main passenger hall at Ezeiza/Pistarini

Buenos Aires has two airports. One is the large international airport, known in airline terminology as EZE or Ezeiza. It's also called Pistarini. If you are arriving in Argentina from most stops abroad (other than a few South American destinations), your flight will certainly land at EZE.

If you are going into BA, you'll need a taxi or private remise - or maybe a shuttle bus, all are available.

But more importantly, if you have a connecting domestic flight to another destination within Argentina, you're probably going to have to go over to the Newbery Aeroparque within the city. This transfer can take easily 1-2 hours (maybe more) depending on traffic. I would personally NEVER book an continuing flight with less than about five hours between it and my EZE arrival, too many things can go wrong.

Always be sure to confirm exactly where you are flying out of or into Buenos Aires on domestic flights, a FEW of them actually leave or arrive at EZE. Be sure or be in a mess. :)

• rosequartzlover1's Profile Photo

From airport EZE to center

by rosequartzlover1 Written Nov 22, 2013

I took the public bus from Airport to downtown Buenos Aires.Prepare to have coin in hand for the bus .I changed money a bit from airport and buy some snack in order to get some cions. When walk out of the international terminal, turn left and walk along the edge of the building ,walk pass Argentina National Bank ,then you'll see the bus stop . Take bus number 8.There were quite many people wating for the same bus ,mostly local.The bus ride to downtown Buenos Aires was long,about 1 and half hour, which was interesting long bus ride for me,I felt that it's not long at all ,all the time enjoyable ,seeing lively street along the way,it's kind of sight seeing .Buenos Aires is such a big city.

• b1bob's Profile Photo

Aerolineas Argentinas 1257

by b1bob Updated Mar 8, 2003

Buenos Aires International Airport

I was among the first able-bodied and unencumbered people to board Aerolineas Argentinas 1257. There weren't enough people on this flight to start a fight. Even counting the crew, if there were 25 people total aboard this flight, I'll eat airline food (economy class) for a year. I settled into seat 22-C and we pulled out spot on at 7.45 p.m. with the usual safety lecture. Wheels left Brazilian soil at 7.57 p.m. The absolute dearth of humanity made it look like I could get a modicum of sleep after the supper trolley rolled through on this comparatively short flight. I tried to lift the armrests but they wouldn't go up. I checked to see if that were true in all rows. I went two rows behind me and the armrests did go up. Life was good. We made our climb, but the meal trolley hadn't rolled through. I saw them load the food aboard the aircraft in one of those high lift trucks. A stewardess told me that turbulence delayed meal service. This is the first airline I had ever flown where mild turbulence delayed meal service. Ridiculous! I have seen crews on all other airlines, even Varig, serve COFFEE in worse turbulence than this. They finally turned off the "fasten seatbelt" sign and started rolling the trolley through. I don't know why they even worried with the trolley. With the sparse cabin, they would have done it just as fast handing out the meals two by two. The plane started to shake a little as the trolley was rolling. I was afraid they would park it again and never get to 24-C. When it finally got there, the meal was pretty barren- spinach canalones with marinara sauce, a ham and cheese platter with potato salad garnished with a lime, a hard roll, and some chocolate cake. I wanted Guaraná, but they didn't have any, so I settled for water instead. Oh well, this was only a 3-hour flight. Wheels hit Argentine soil at 21.45. We parked in the middle of the tarmac and boarded a shuttle bus that took us to terminal B.

• airport tax on americans

by lanerlaw Written Aug 5, 2010

What about if you enter through the land border and exit through EZE? Would they hit you on the way OUT of the country, or is it only when you come in at EZE?

Thanks for your reply, it has cleared up a lot of confusion already.

Instant Answers: Buenos Aires