Mar del Plata Favorites

Best Rated Favorites in Mar del Plata

Nap...

by Constanza Updated Mar 19, 2004

Taking a NAP

Favorite thing: I had a very "heavy" 2003, and I didn´t had the possibility to take at least to weeks on vacations.
    So...I´ve decided to take a week OFF, only...but literaly OFF.

Santa Clara del Mar its 18 km distance from Mar del Plata, and has beautiful beaches...so that was my FINAL DESTINATION.

I´ve really enjoyed this week without working...NAPs were a "must do..." duering thisweek...

• Beaches

A s a d o!!

by Constanza Written Mar 17, 2004

Favorite thing: One of the things we enjoy the MOST is meeting with friends, have dinner with them and laugh as much as possible.

So, we did.
    Flor and Cristian (her boyfriend) came to Santa Clara del Mar to spend a day together. We went to the beach, prepared dinner, and then...play cards for a while.
    It was a great day! Hope we can do it again!

• Beaches

• ines2003's Profile Photo

everythings

by ines2003 Written Apr 29, 2004

Favorite thing: Mar del Plata, the happy city

In this city you can do of all, since going to the beach, to dance in the better disks, to eat in excellent places, walks in ship, walks in large forests, to visit sanctuaries, luxurious neighborhoods, to play in the casino, to look at vidrieras in the pedestrian one, to take sun in the rocks, etc. The variety and the beautiful view of the city and the sea, are what characterizes to the happy one. By something every summer from January to February, this city has so many visitors, the majority of buenos aires, but also come from the saw, of the montanas, and some of the outside.
    A day of sun, the beaches are filled of people, there is not space neither even even pin, many have their tents, that rent for the season or for day. Also they rent sombrillas, or bring them of its houses, the sea this a little fried, but considering that we find us al south of the American continent, and near the antártica, would be able to be worse.

Fondest memory: Many youths practice the surf and the body board, generally these boys live all the anus in the city. There are beaches that are better for the surf, by the large waves, and the smaller quantity of people that goes them, for example the beaches road to Clear Saint of the sea, are a few more tranquil, and with greater swell. But if it goes to the famous beach Bristol, you forget it to play the ball, palette, I tiled, because are the but concurred of the summer. First by its location, this in the heart, there is great craft quantity of salespersons, out-on-the-street spectacles or to the cap, musical, all guarded by the two statues seals, that serve for the photos of all the veraneantes, if you do not you remove a photo there, is as if never had been. The casino is found, tourist office, the famous and traditional hotel hermitage, that functions like room of theater and movies. In front this the plaza San Martín, if we continue toward the north side, we will find ourselves with large beach, the beautiful view of the cliffs, the port, the naval base, and al final begin the beaches of tip mogotes. That it is another to sing, another city, with its walks, places, as the lighthouse, the enormous beaches, better to see that to say. By the nights the youths are used to going to Constitution, the zone of the disks, on the avenue are found the majority of the large disks, another moved but concheta or of different style is found in the avenue Alem, gather the people to take drinks, the majority are Púb. Or bars, many youths with motorcycles frecuentan the place, another moved but serious or formal, this in the center, near the pedestrian of San Martín and Rivadavia. I suppose that all the countries have its more visited and popular beach, Sea of the silver is the beach of the Argentines.

• Theme Park Trips

• ciaramalone's Profile Photo

Casino

by ciaramalone Written Feb 25, 2003

Favorite thing: This is the casino in mar del plata. It's situated right on the beachfront. Wander inside and see the cross-section of people who go there, young and old (I saw some very old people there). You dont have to play any of the machines or play at the tables. Just have a look in and walk around.

• Casino and Gambling

• Real estate / Property

by oscartango Updated Nov 29, 2007

Favorite thing: Was in Mar del Plata in September 07 to purchase an apartment. I like MDP more than BA as its more relaxed and anyway I am more of a beach person. I think the place is going to grow in terms of foreign tourists and the property market is very cheap by comparison. Anyway I am sold on Argentina and I love my mate and tango so I guess I am half way there. Used a company called mardelproperty to find my apartment for me. The multiple listing service is not used in Argentina so unless you speak spanish and have the time to visit the hundreds of local agents trying to sell their handful of properties, the way to go is ask these guys to find something before you come down. I recommend you visit the place first to see if you want to buy here. Preferably in Summer and winter as they are very different. Prices are so cheap you can leave your apartment empty and use it when you want to come down or you can rent to students in the winter and tourists in the summer. I prefer to keep mine free and use it when I need my next tango or mate fix! Good luck.

• Business Travel
    • Luxury Travel

• Cheewa's Profile Photo

Partially cloudy day in Mar del Plata

by Cheewa Updated Sep 3, 2003
    Cheewa in Mar del Plata

Favorite thing: It's great just walk boarding the beach. It has great views of the sea.

Fondest memory: The days I spent with my love... (I was with some "ex" there hehehe , but I have really nice memories!!)

The last time, I was with my actual girlfriend.. and it was very good for the couple.

Ready to Go!!

by Constanza Written Mar 19, 2004

Ready to Go Out!

Favorite thing: Planing to visit Mar Del Plata...we dressed properly (no bikini...hehe) and went to the Casino!

I have to admit we didin´t win...but it was incredible FUN.

Instant Answers: Mar del Plata

Comments

Mar del Plata Favorites

Reviews and photos of Mar del Plata favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Mar del Plata sightseeing.

View all Mar del Plata hotels