visit santa clara del mar
Santa Clara del Mar is located in Mar Chiquita Partido (is the tourist seat of the Partido). It is 18 kilometres far from Mar del Plata’s downtown and the same distance from Mar Chiquita’s Lagoon. It has excellent beaches and a climate that invites to relax, reflection and a good rest for those people that enjoy peace and nature.
Santa Clara del Mar is located in the 498th kilometre of Provincial Route number 11; and on the Route 2, in the 386th kilometre, right after Aquasol, Route Atlántida appears and after other 10 kilometres it ends in Santa Clara del Mar entrance.
ts stable population is around 3.550 inhabitants at the present, and its nearby neighbourhoods, Camet Norte, Atlántida, Santa Elena and Playa Dorada, have all the charm of these typical coastal localities. This is a gentle coastal locality in the Southeast of the Province. Its beaches are the delight of the vacationer who loves peace, calm and also fishing.
Santa Clara del Mar offers everything so the tourist can enjoy a peaceful season in the sun.
- Family Travel
- Arts and Culture
After the marplatense port, where you can enjoy a cuisine specialized in sea fruits, the Punta Mogotes complex gathers 24 beach resorts with the most complete infrastructure of beach services.
At a short distance from the Point Mogotes lighthouse, the wide. open sea and most quiet Southern beaches begin. Some of them are quite luxurious offering all types of services.
The presence of sierras and water mirrors in the proximity of Mar del Plata, offers the tourist the possibility of practising numerous activities related to adventure tourism.
Thematic parks, aquariums, ecologic farms, sea and air trips and embarked fishing excursions are some of the alternatives present all the year long.
Mar del Plata offers the visitor an excellent commercial proposal through its commercial shop centres, shoppings, cafeterias, discotheques, casinos and the most complete hotel and gastronomy services according your preferences and budgets.
Architectural Heritage II
VILLA SILVINAThis french picturesque style private residence, built in 1908, belongs to Adolfo Bioy Casares and Silvina Ocampo (both very important and famous writers). Apart from its imposing park, the special thickness of the residence walls is a characteristic that deserves praise for making the conservation of the interior of the house possible.
JUAN CARLOS CASTAGNINO MUSEUM
It was built in 1909 by the Ortiz Basualdo family as a summer house. Its palacelike exterior was imspired in the Loire castles. The original furniture of the house was built in Belgium by the Serruriere Bovy firm. In the residence there is an important collection of works of art of different artists both from Mar del Plata and the rest of the country.