San Antonio de Areco Restaurants

Gauchoesque restaurant co-owner
    dining room
    entry way

Most Recent Restaurants in San Antonio de Areco

• Corazonada: Best food & experience!

by zevaz Updated Sep 21, 2011

By chance I got to know this place. It is a private restaurant where the chef cooked for us in a very nice place in the centre of San Antonio de Areco. Food was superb, fresh and tasty. It was probably our best experience so far in the pampas. We just went for lunch, we didn't have time for cooking clases, but Paula was very nice explaining everything we were eating and how it was prepared. You will not find it in tourist guides, you have to book in advance only via email, its kind of a hidden treasure (Search "Cocina Pura" online). Actually the name "Corazonada" is something like serendipity in spanish and it was just what we felt!!

Favorite Dish: Amazing salads with tasty dressings!!! Fresh, tasty, and clean; yes very very clean prepared infront of us! The chocolate dessert made was probably the best thing I have had in a long time...

• Wine Tasting
    • Luxury Travel

• ellielou's Profile Photo

Puesto La Lechuza: Too bad lunch doesn't last all day

by ellielou Updated Dec 5, 2005

Gauchoesque restaurant co-owner

Not far from where the bus drops you off in town, lies this amazingly inviting "pulperia." The food held no surprises, but the owners were wonderful, and provided a great history of the town, their families, and life in general.

Favorite Dish: Fine empanadas, asados, salad, etc. Nothing out of the ordinary. Standard fare.

• Almacen de Ramos Generales: One of the few 'nice' restaurants we found

by Wade123 Updated Jan 7, 2005

I wandered around this small town quite a bit and found very few nice restaurants. By this I mean, indoor seating with AC, tablecloths, a full menu, etc. Not a cafe serving sandwiches. This restaurant was recommended by a local. It had a very nicely decorated interior, friendly management and good food.
    After hours of checking out the sights and then looking for the restaurante Ramos Generales (recommended in Lonely Planet), the AC and cold beer here was greatly appreciated. The Ramos Generales was, by the way, closed up.
    A typical main meal for two was 1 tira de asado, a salad for two,1 ravioli dish, 1 3/4 liter beer, 1 mineral water and 2 small cafes con crema for 29P/$10US not counting a 5P tip.

Favorite Dish: All the food was good. I would rather describe something that might better be put under the 'Warnings' section. In every restaurant we went into in Argentina, I noticed pasta with roquefort (cheese), salmon with roquefort, trout with roquefort, pizza with roquefort, steak with roquefort, roquefort with roquefort, etc. In this restaurant, we tried pasta with roquefort. It was incredibly strong cheese to the point it could not be tolerated out alone enjoyed. Dont get me wrong, I'm sure the restaurant didn't screw it up. Roquefort (salad dressing usually) here in the USA is pretty mild stuff. In Argentina it was definitly not mild. A waiter assured us that it is toned down on the fish, but I didn't want to chance it.

Instant Answers: San Antonio de Areco

Comments

San Antonio de Areco Travel Guide

San Antonio de Areco Restaurants

Reviews and photos of San Antonio de Areco restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for San Antonio de Areco sightseeing.

View all San Antonio de Areco hotels