Córdoba Warnings and Dangers

• Is she smiling because she knows?????????
    Is she smiling because she...
    by mikegr

Best Rated Warnings and Dangers in Córdoba

• mikegr's Profile Photo

Ice Creams are BIG and DANGEROUS!

by mikegr Updated Mar 31, 2006

Is she smiling because she knows?????????

As elsewhere in Argentina - ice cream in Cordoba is very popular and the portions are monsterous.

My favourite Argentinian flavour is banana and dulce de leche. I can't express how good it is. But even I struggled to eat the ice cream I was served in Grido (an ice cream chain, but still very good), on the corner of General Paz and Av Colon. It was huge and coverd in a chocolate crust.

Sadly it melted faster than I could eat it and a large portion of the ice cream ended up in my crotch (unintentionally!) and I had to return to my hostel holding my bag over the huge creamy stain.

My advice - order the cheapest ice cream on the menu - it is still likely to be very large!

• Better Be Careful

by Wade123 Updated Feb 11, 2005

I found Cordoba to be a nice city and I had no problems at all. I surely never felt threatened. However, I wasn't out after dark, wasn't stumbling around drunk and wasn't exploring dark allies (didn't see any).
    However, nothing is perfect. When I got to the bus station, there were a couple dozen police standing around in the street. There were no taxis out front. Inside the station, there was a huge line at the remis boothe. When buses arrive, its normal to have a few people hiring a taxi but not dozens standing in a line over 100 feet long.
    Turns out somebody got shot in a taxi the night before in front of the terminal. Guess that put a few people off a bit!

Instant Answers: Córdoba

Comments

Córdoba Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Córdoba warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Córdoba sightseeing.