Mendoza Off The Beaten Path

This is to be seen on the foothill
  • Off The Beaten Path
  • Off The Beaten Path

Best Rated Off The Beaten Path in Mendoza

• mindcrime's Profile Photo

Terraza Mirador

by mindcrime Updated Jun 27, 2008

This is the rooftop terrace of the city hall. I went there one afternoon because I wanted to have a panoramic view while watching the sunset.

The problem was that when I tried to go up I couldn’t find the entrance. The main entrance (the one that locals use in the morning for their daily works with the city hall) was closed and some people I talked to couldn’t understand what I was looking for. I looked up at this thirty meters high building (that was built in 1969) but I couldn’t see anyone.

I had read before that the terrace it’s open 8:00-20:00 so there must be another entrance for the visitors. An old man told me to go from the back of the big building and I did that but no luck again. Anyway, here’s a photo of the city hall but if someone else did manage to get up there I’ll be happy to hear how! :)

address:9 de Julio 500

City Hall

• mindcrime's Profile Photo

2 small but weird museums

by mindcrime Updated Aug 21, 2008

If you walk from downtown towards the airport (I did this on my way to Museo Fundacional) you’ll have the opportunity to visit two bizarre museums facing each other at Ituzaingo & Buenos Aires corner. You can visit them both in less that 15’ and they are cheap so take a look (avoid if you are Indiana Jones of course…):

1)Acuario Municipal Mendoza
    The Acuario is open daily 9-21:00 and you’ll see some real ugly fishes, frogs and a poor crocodile TEL: 0261- 4253824

2)Centro Anaconda Serpentario
    This one is open daily 9:30-13:00 and 15:30-20:00 and for the first time in my life I saw so many sauria and live serpents! A lot of snakes, small ones, big ones, disgusting ones but hopefully all of them in boxes and a woman feeding them one by one! :) If you want to see anaconda, a python, a boa or just coral snakes this is your place! address:Ituzaingo 1420 TEL (0261) 4251393

Although I stayed there only 15’ I desperately looked for the Museo Fundacional to recover!

a turtle! acuario serpentario a snake! weird creature at Serpentario
    • Museum Visits

• Fly Fishing in Mendoza

by Kevinh23 Written Jan 15, 2009

Fly fishing in the Andes is quite an extraordinary experience, even if you suck like me! Either way, our guide caught plenty of fish and my Dad and I finally did too. It was a nice side adventure and to get up close and personal with the Andes Mountains was worth it all.

• Farm Stay
    • Fishing
    • Horse Riding

• ptitetoile's Profile Photo

Looking at a traditionnal dance performance

by ptitetoile Written Mar 2, 2005

After an exhausting bike trip, we has a sort of consolation : a dance festival on a square in a southern part of Mendoza. We had chacarera (argentine folk dance) and a dance representation of the meeting of colonials and indians...Wonderful!

Traditionnal dance group

• Erika_Reese's Profile Photo

If you are going to Mendoza,...

by Erika_Reese Updated Aug 24, 2002

If you are going to Mendoza, you absolutely must go to San Rafael, once there you won´t believe all the activities available...I personally really enjoyed rafting at the 'Atuel River' ($12-45 minutes) and of course para-sailing ($65)on a really windy day. Both activities for the first time in my life, so I´ve got good memories from there. Another interesting thing to do is visiting the vineyards like Bianchi and Suter, they will give you a free tour to show you the process of making wine and champagne, and once in the showroom they will let you taste them, and if you buy there, they give 30% discount...

• Dicomo's Profile Photo

In San Carlos (south...

by Dicomo Written Aug 24, 2002

In San Carlos (south west)there is the Maipo Volcano with a blue lagoon 'Laguna del Diamante' in its base. It's a place of other world, great. But, be careful you can only reach this place durin summer (december, january and february) the rest of the year the snow not allow you to visit it.

Instant Answers: Mendoza

Comments

Mendoza Off The Beaten Path

Reviews and photos of Mendoza off the beaten path posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Mendoza sightseeing.