Parque Nacional del Iguazù Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Parque Nacional del Iguazù

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Estacion Catarata: Nice refreshing frozen fruit pop

by Gypsystravels Updated Feb 11, 2010

Enjoying my frozen fruit pop

There are a few options located inside the park for some snacks, drinks or even quick meals. After visiting the Garganta del Diablo we were feeling quite hot and wanted a refreshing treat before taking the train to the lower and upper circuits so we stopped in here to see what they had.

The prices of course are much higher than outised the park but if you want something different, or didn't bring anything with you then they really aren't too many other choices.

Ferni decided he wanted a cold drink while I settled on a frozen fruit pop. It was a nice refreshing treat especially in the heat.

Favorite Dish: Ferni had a cold Coke while I had a frozen lemon flavored fruit pop which Ferni paid $5 pesos for each of the items.

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Garganta del Diablo: Enjoying a meal with a wonderful view

by Gypsystravels Updated Feb 11, 2010

Lomito Completo - Steak sandwich with fries

We were staying at the Sheraton Iguazu Falls and after spending a full morning exploring half of the park we decided to come back to the hotel and enjoy our lunch at their restaurant, Garganta Del Diablo.

As we made our way to the restaurant we were asked if we wanted a sit outside or in and we decided to stay inside for the airconditioning since it was so. We were seated very close to the sliding windows that open up to the seating outside which made for a nice view while enjoying our lunch.

We had plenty of heavy meals during our stay in Buenos Aires and we were looking for something lighter.

The restaurant has a nice range of meals including salads and sandwiches and we both settled on the "lominto completo" a steak sandwich with lettuce and tomato and a side of fries.

I picked at my steak leaving the bread behind as the sandwich was quite large. Ferni decided to have a Quilmes while I had some agau con gas.

Although a bit pricer than the restaurants in Porto Iguazu, we definitely enjoyed the fact that after spending the morning walk through the park we could return to our hotel for a nice lunch and some relaxtion.

Favorite Dish: We enjoyed our lomito completo, the steak was cooked perfectly which was tender and juicy, the fries were also quite good and the Quilmes just topped off the good meal.

Garganta del Diablo: Dinner

Pumpkin Soup

We ate dinner here twice during our trip. The restaurant takes on a new look after dark and its kind of sad to not be able to see the falls. The service is definitely in need of improvement in that when you don’t order wine with dinner they do seem to write you off and ignore you. Also they seemed offended when we wanted a copy of the bill before we left the restaurant. As if we would just up and leave without signing for it or something other than getting a copy of it.

Favorite Dish: The first dinner I had left me greatly disappointed. I started with the pumpkin soup which although good was just a bit much and at over 30 pesos, a bit expensive for what it was even in such a secluded setting. So imagine my surprise when my lamb dinner was even worse. Now I admit to having just had one of the best lamb dishes in my life the night before at Pura Tierra in Buenos Aires but this one was certainly among the worse. It was tough, dry and the mushroom sauce was overkill in flavor. Liz however had the seafood risotto that she enjoyed very much and I agree it was quite nice with the small bites I sampled. Once again we complimented the meal with the iced tea that we were loving more than any so far had in Argentina.

The second evening’s dinner was much better. We decided that nothing off the menu appealed to us and that we would just pay the $115 pesos each for the buffet. I am unsure but it seemed to work as you were only allowed one trip to the buffet per station. This caught us off guard and seemed like they were nickel and diming on something that is far above local pricing standards. But I will attest that when we finished with it all we both felt quite full and satisfied that we had chosen the buffet. To me, the buffet even though very expensive is the only way to go for dinner here.

Included in the buffet was everything imaginable from crab and caviar to fruits, soups and a wide selection of meats right off the grill. It was also nice to get a baked potato which is something I do not see a lot of while in Argentina.

Aside from feeling rushed out with the removal of our silver and plates after each of the 3 courses to the buffet the service this second night was much better as was the food.

Garganta del Diablo: Lunch Outside

September 4, 2008

The day we arrived the weather was beautiful. In the mid 80s, nice with a slight breeze and not too much humidity although there was definitely more than in Buenos Aires. This allowed us to eat our arrival lunch outside.

We were being our usual quiet selves just relaxing and enjoying the environment while we waited on our room to be finished up. Our experience started with great service that we quickly became used to. After a prompt seating and checking on drinks for us they let us alone just long enough to be fully satisfied we had chosen the correct meals. But the real surprise was when the iced tea for Liz showed up. It was excellent. I had a bottle of Agua con Gas as I was planning on more meat.

Favorite Dish: We ordered up a pizza for Liz and a steak sandwich for me. As you can see in the pics, the sandwich was huge. I ate approximately half of it and sadly had to leave the rest. But what a sandwich it was. I must say for the very most part, this was one of my favorite meals while up at the falls. Between the excitement of being there, the great food and of course the company I very greatly enjoyed my lunch that day.

Garganta del Diablo: Breakfast Buffet Inlcuded

by cjg1 Updated Nov 17, 2008

The breakfast buffet is included in nearly every rate for this hotel I’ve ever seen. That is quite a nice little add on considering the prices of food here for other meals and the remoteness of it all.

The buffet had a bit of everything available for you to choose from. Eggs, cereal, pastries and more. The service as was to be expected was very good and further proved out that our arrival night’s dinner was a one off and not something to be worried about repeating.

Both mornings we went with tea with our breakfast which we complimented with the variety of juices available from the buffet. These included apple, orange and about six others.

• mindcrime's Profile Photo

u have to eat something!

by mindcrime Updated Apr 30, 2008

a cold sandwich

Many visitors find food expensive in the park so they bring their own food with them. In any case don’t forget to bring some water with you. Some fruits will be nice too. Near the entrance of the park you can find fast food, pizzas and a nice place for buffet food. Near the beginning of the inferior trail is a small café with cold sandwiches, ice creams etc. There is another one at the first stop of the eco train, I had some sandwiches there before continue to Gargada del Diablo…

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Various: Dining opportunities in the Park

by Dabs Written Apr 17, 2006

We didn't eat anything while here but the brochure lists several places to eat in the park, most of them near the entrance. It looks like there is also one near the start of the lower circuit and I'm pretty sure I saw a snack bar near the Devil's Throat train station.

• venteeocho's Profile Photo

• La Selva Restaurant:: Very exotic place ...

by venteeocho Written May 24, 2005

Various services are offered here to better accommodate tourists during their visit to the park, including: a full-service restaurant, two fast-food restaurants, and a commercial area (includes public telephones, internet access, mail service, automatic teller machines, photography equipment, handcrafts, and souvenirs).

• La Selva Restaurant: 350 person capacity. Air-conditioned. Daily all-you-can-eat hot and cold buffet, with salads, pastas, desserts, and various kinds of barbecued meat (“parrilla”). Various options for quick meals are also available on the menu (at discount prices for Students and Seniors).

Favorite Dish: • Yacutinga Pizzeria: various pizzas, sandwiches (hot and cold) available. Air-conditioned.

• Tucán Vegetarian Restaurant: buffet with a variety of salad and meal options, natural fruit juices and shakes. Air-conditioned.

In addition the Park offers:

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo

Lautaro Cafe-Resto-Bar: Sidewalk Seating in Puerto Iguazu

by Bwana_Brown Updated May 10, 2005

Enjoying Our Sidewalk Dinner

Following our final day's tour of the Falls and an afternoon enjoying the hotel pool, we walked downtown for our second evening in a row, looking for a different spot to eat in Puerto Iguazu on this night. We killed a bit of time in an internet cafe and emerged as it was starting to get dark. Next door, we noticed bustling outdoor sidewalk restaurant tables where people seemed to be enjoying themselves. However, we continued onward to check out a few other locations before we said, 'no, let's go to the first one!'.

Favorite Dish: We were very glad that we did. A table was quickly cleared for us and cold beer and wine served up while we looked at their menu. The man serving us was quite busy but very friendly and helpful. We decided to keep it simple with two pizzas - Sue ordering sweet pepper & bacon while I went Veggie with heart of palm, olives, tomatoes and pineapple.

Seated beside us were two young Aussie guys on an extended trip, having a great time chatting up two pretty young ladies from Spain (we think). Nice light pop background music was playing and the tables were busy. It was very nice sitting out on the main sidewalk watching the downtown nightlife as we ate! Our waiter even brought everyone a small shot glass each (see photo) of a local chilled liqueur called 'Tio Paco'. It was very good too! Total cost for our meal and drinks was A$26 (US$9). Just like in our restaurant of the previous evening, NO CREDIT CARDS are accepted here either.

See my 'Puerto Iguazu' page for more details on this very enjoyable little town.

• cybergenic's Profile Photo

Cafe's and Restaurants Iguazu: Take your own food

by cybergenic Written Jun 10, 2004

They sell loads of food at the national park but it's over priced and not that great.
    You are best off taking your own food in water proof bags.
    Nothing worst than a soggy sandwhich !

Oh yeah take at least a litre of fresh drinking water, it's very humid in the jungle/forest

Favorite Dish: Beer, hey they did sell cold beer ! Quilmes of course.

• Adventure Travel

• andal13's Profile Photo

Several places: No time for food!

by andal13 Written Apr 19, 2004

Red path

There are several restaurants inside the National Park; some of them are close to the main gate and Central Station, some others at Cataratas and Garganta del Diablo Stations, and more.

Hay varios restaurantes dentro del Parque Nacional; algunos de ellos están cerca de la entrada principal y la Estación Central, otros en las estaciones Cataratas y Garganta del Diablo, y algunos más.

Favorite Dish: Honestly, I was so busy (and so excited) that I did not have time to have lunch adequately; just a sandwich and a coke, that I had in the truck during the "Great Adventure"
    The picture does not show a restaurant (obviously!) but I bought my food before I began that path.

Honestamente, estaba tan ocupada (y tan emocionada) que no tuve tiempo de almorzar adecuadamente; sólo un sandwich y un refresco, que consumí en el todo terreno durante la "Gran Aventura".
    La foto no muestra un restaurante (obviamente!) pero compré la comida inmediatamente antes de recorrer ese sendero.

• acemj's Profile Photo

Various: Don't eat here

by acemj Written Oct 25, 2003

I suggest eating a big breakfast before visiting the park and just buying water while you're there. There are plenty of good restaurants in Foz do Iguacu if you're staying in Brazil. I didn't eat in Puerto Iguazu, so I can't help you there, but I'm sure you'll find some better grub than you'll find at the park. There is at least one restaurant, but it didn't look great to me.

Instant Answers: Parque Nacional del Iguazù

Comments

Parque Nacional del Iguazù Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Parque Nacional del Iguazù restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Parque Nacional del Iguazù sightseeing.

View all Parque Nacional del Iguazù hotels