Puerto Iguazú Warnings and Dangers

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in Puerto Iguazú

• hrothgarorange's Profile Photo

Death by snake

by hrothgarorange Written Apr 24, 2007

When hiking in the Iguazu park, at least in the trails on the Argentinian side (not really any trails on the Brazilian side), the signs tell you not to divert from the paths. However, do keep an eye ON the path. I literally stepped right over this very poisonous snake, and if my footing had been any different I would be dead. So if that's not a warning or a danger I don't know what is.
    Makes for a kick-ass picture though!

• the___gecko's Profile Photo

Gunja after the border

by the___gecko Written Mar 10, 2007

If you like me and like a smoke and think its ridiculous that its illegal. A tip about carting gunja on the buses away from the falls. In Argentina they have at least 3 places where they stop the bus with dog patrols. I was lucky, but its wise to be very careful.

Apparently this is because the weed comes from paraguay and the same happens in Brazil so be careful when leaving the falls on a bus if you are carry the herb. Crossing the border is no problems though.

• Watch Your Change

by Wade123 Updated Jan 19, 2005

Nothing new with this and it surely is not confined to Puerto Iguazu. Just a reminder.
    I took a taxi to see La Aripuca which was a bit out of town. After that, I went to see La Casa de las Aves. After that, it was back to town.
    I failed to negotiate each and every stop so the total was in my opinion a bit too much. Mistake number one.
    I did not have the correct change. The driver alledged he had no change, so I gave him a bit more in dollars. He quickly doled out my change in pesos. As he drove away, I knew I had been screwed but had not a clue by how much. Mistake number two. Dont mingle the money unless you are used to dealing with the local currancy. Also, you don't know what kind of exchange rate the cabbie thinks if 'fair'. Whenever you use dollars, you might want to ask about the rate and this applies of course to stores, restaurants, hotels,etc. The larger the bill, the more important this is.

• acemj's Profile Photo

Slippery slopes

by acemj Updated Oct 25, 2003

Be careful when you visit the national park. If you are there during the wet season, the paths may be extremely wet and slippery.

Instant Answers: Puerto Iguazú

Comments

Puerto Iguazú Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Puerto Iguazú warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Puerto Iguazú sightseeing.

View all Puerto Iguazú hotels