Salta Nightlife

by barryg23
  • Nightlife
    by kfredson
  • Sammy dancing the Chacarera at the Casona, Salta
    Sammy dancing the Chacarera at the...
    by balieyes

Most Recent Nightlife in Salta

• barryg23's Profile Photo

Barney Gomez

by barryg23 Updated Nov 28, 2008

Ruth, me, Russ & Trish in Barney Gomez

Barney Gomez is an interesting bar in Salta, with a slight Simpsons theme. It's named after Barney Gumble from the Simpsons, and all the waiters wear t-shirts with an image of Barney shaped like South America. Sounds weird - perhaps it is - but it's a cool bar nonetheless. I think there may have been a Sideshow Bob mannequin here somewhere too though I had drank a lot by the end of our evening here.

We visited Barney Gomez when we met up with Russ and Trish, and spent a fun night in the courtyard drinking beer and swapping travel stories.

• kfredson's Profile Photo

Music Along the Balcarce: From Folkloric Music to Latin Rock

by kfredson Updated Feb 2, 2005

The Balcarce is a street that comes alive on Friday and Saturday nights, beginning at about 11pm and lasting until dawn. I counted over 15 places where music was being played -- Bolivian, Latin Rock, Pop, and, especially, the splendid folkloric music of Salta itself. You can move amongst the pubs or just walk out in the street with the hundreds of Saltenos enjoying the music wash over them.
    More at my very unofficial, non-objective website on Salta: www.saltatravel.com

• Music

Instant Answers: Salta

Comments

Salta Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Salta nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Salta sightseeing.