how to go
-Rosario is about 300km away from Buenos Aires and belongs to Santa Fe province. Many companies connect the two cities with many daily buses. The bus ride was only 4 hours so I didn’t have to care about the company so much (for longer distances its important to feel comfortable) so I just checked the prices of some of them although the differences were small from one company to the other (2 or 3 pesos, less than 1 euro). Anyway, I paid 41pesos(8euros) for CHEVALIER that offer just a commun bus (no seats that become bed here, no food etc). The trip was interesting because it was autumn and the yellowe/brown colors covers the landscape, the sky was blue and yes, I know, I was happy enough looking the horses and cows outside of my window! :)
Some distances from Rosario are:
Buenos Aires 300 km
Cordoba 400 km
Santa Fe 170 km
Corrientes 720 km
Iguazu 1300 km
there are several sites that you can check out for buses but every company serve some cities and not every part of Argentina so you will have to do a little search among them. Here some of sites:
There are also some flights from Buenos Aires, but the ticket is more expensive of course than a bus
Inside the city you can easily walk around the center, the taxis are cheap and there are a lot of local buses (called colectivos) that connect every part of town.
Getting there can be a struggle
1. Aereolinas Argentina is not reliable you can try to take Southern WInds or Varig to Rosario. Flights are very limited!!!! You can only fly from Aeroparque NOT Ezeiza, this means along ride across BA to get from one to the other
2. Buses (Manuel Tienda Leon) will take you from Ezeiza Airport to Rosario.
3. It is a 3 hour drive and the autopista is somewhat expensive.
1. For a city of 1 million there are few stoplights down town.
2. Stop signs are ONLY suggestions (and there aren't many of these either.
3. When approaching a corner, slow down to let others pass or speed up to beat them, it is first come first serve.
4. taxis are NOT expensive.
5. Everyone looks so good because they walk everywhere, you should too.
Since January 15th of 1994 Rosario recovered the trolley bus service, there is just one line, K line. It goes through the city taking Mendoza and San Juan streets, to the west and east directions, from the river to the west limit of the city. It's an eco-trolley.
Easy to reach
From Buenos Aires city you can get my hometown by:
*bus: from Retiro Station with Chevallier, ABLO, Empresa Argentina companies are the best. Between 3 and 4 hours.
*airplane: from Jorge Newbery airport. There are planes to Rosario frequently. You'll arrive to Fisherton airport and after you must take a local bus, taxi or remisse. Less than an hour.
*train: used to be very popular, now is not the best way to travel.
*car: rent a car and you'll be there in less than 3 hours.
There's no train or subway in this city, the main transportation is the local bus, called 'colectivo'. There're many lines and some of them go to other little cities around Rosario.
It will be better if you just take a walk or get a bicycle.
You can arrive to Rosario from...
You can arrive to Rosario from almost every city of Argentina, is:
306 km far from Buenos Aires (14 flights a day)
401 km from Cordoba (5 flights a day)
855 km from Mendoza (2 flights a day)
1627 km from Bariloche (1 flight every 2 days)
3375 km from Ushuaia
there are lots of buses per day from every place in Argentina. You can also gets planes every day from Montevideo, Sao Paulo and Río de Janeiro.
There is a great net of buses and troleys (electric buses) to go to the islands of the Parana River there are Ferrys and passenger boats ships every hour
The best way to get around are the colectivos since you have not subways or trains, you can also reach some little cities around Rosario by them.
There are many different lines.
This airport was open in 1970. It is called International Airport of Rosario and it is located 13 km to the northwest of the city.
Here it's the main access to the city, it will help you if you are going to rent a car.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Book online.
- Hotels.com See maps & reviews for over 140,000 Hotels worldwide!