Santa Fe Transportation

• mindcrime's Profile Photo

bus

by mindcrime Updated Jun 5, 2008

bus of Tata Rapido from Rosario

Santa Fe is about 475km away from Buenos Aires and 170km from Rosario.

There are buses from Buenos Aires (6hours) but I traveled there by bus from Rosario (2hours bus ride in a normal bus) and the day after I took the bus to Iguazu Falls (that was a looong bus ride). The bus terminal has different booths for different bus companies like every city in Argentina. There are good connection with almost every part of Argentina. One small problem I’ve noticed was that it was impossible to speak English with anyone and when I wanted to see where is the platform for my bus noone could helped and I had to use my poor Spanish. I had my ticket many days before when I was in Mendoza, so I asked for the platform and they told me platform 10. I went there, I gave my luggage and I went to enter the bus. Here’s the dialogue in English with the inspector:
    -what is this?
    -the ticket!
    -for where?
    -for Puerto Iguzu
    -this is not the bus, you have to take another
    -which one?
    -I don’t know!
    -from where?
    -I don’t know!
    It was 5’ before the departure and I didn’t know what to do. I started to run around asking every booth for my bus but everyone was looking at me like I was from outer space because every company knew about their route but not about the others. Hopefully, the man that helped me with my luggage some minutes before came and showed me the platform.

Inside the city you can easily walk around the center, the taxis are very cheap and I noticed some local buses that I don’t know where they’re going…

• barryg23's Profile Photo

Parana to Santa Fe

by barryg23 Updated Sep 12, 2008

Santa Fe church

Santa Fe is about an hour by bus from Parana. It costs 3 pesos for a single ticket and buses leave frequently throughout the day. We travelled with the Fluviales bus company, who, I think, have the most connections on this route but there are other companies too. The journey goes under the River Parana through a huge tunnel connecting the cities.

Instant Answers: Santa Fe

Comments

Santa Fe Transportation

Reviews and photos of Santa Fe transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Santa Fe sightseeing.