Ushuaia Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Ushuaia

• DSwede's Profile Photo

Chiko: Its all About the Seafood, Chilean style

by DSwede Written Mar 16, 2014

The sign says that it is a Pizzeria and Gastonomia Chilena. However I don't believe that anyone actually goes there for the pizza. It is all about the seafood.

Asking a few locals about their recommendations, this place was always top on the list. Although the place was empty since we arrived a little early, the staff had to do a little rearranging since we did not have a reservation. Within 30 minutes the place was full.

It is a small restaurant, locate up the stairs from the street, so if you're lucky to have a window seat, you can have a nice views.

While the food was amazing, I was not overly impressed with the staff. Maybe we just had a server on her first day of training, ever. She was kind and nice, but was obviously she did not know restaurants. And my only other negative was that they did accept credit cards, but we had to try three cards before they were accepted, so recommend a back-up plan for paying.

Favorite Dish: Everything was good. We tried some of the crab as starters and it was really moist and creamy. Then we had things like the blackened fish, the peppered bass, etc. I can't recall the entire menu, but looking over all the other tables, every plate looked good and smelled wonderful.

• blueskyjohn's Profile Photo

Chez Manu: Best food in Ushuaia...maybe even Argentina!

by blueskyjohn Updated Aug 8, 2013

This was an incredible dining experience. A little more upper class than other restaurants in Ushuaia but definitely worth it. The dining area is in a large room with great views because Chez Manu is located on the side of a mountain overlooking Ushuaia. The staff are very attentive and had several waiting on us (group of 5).

Favorite Dish: Two items you should not miss. It may seem strange but it was actually seasonings that I found intriguing. All the food was great but the unique seasoning was special. There was a seaweed that they dried on premise and used in place of salt. They also developed a special pepper, a taste I never experienced. They actually sell bottles of it. I bought two to take home. I was told it took three years for them to develop this. I'm not sure it's actually pepper seeds but it's a must try!

• blueskyjohn's Profile Photo

Placeres Patagonicos: Great steak!

by blueskyjohn Updated Aug 8, 2013

I really enjoyed this places. Would have loved to try some of the lunches. Any of the steaks are very good. Great atmosphere and very helpful staff. Not a long wait for the food which was a nice change of pace.

Very comfortable place to hang out and have a beer with friends and eat some great food.

La Estancia: Very Good Parrilla

by blueskyjohn Updated Aug 8, 2013

This place was recommended to us by the flight attendant on our flight from El Calafate to Ushuaia. It was very good Parrilla with lots of selections and a varied menu. Very good wine selection as well. The staff were very friendly. We ate here two times.

Deli next to Andino's: Good sandwich's for your outing

by blueskyjohn Updated Aug 8, 2013

Right next door to Andino's Cafe is a deli/liquor store. There are fresh made sandwiches in the window (or they will make it for you) that were very good to take along with you for any day trip you have planned.

Beagle beer

beagle

Typical of this area is the Beagle beer, an artisanal craft beer produced in Ushuaia. I found it really good. All around Argentina you will find the Quilmes that I did not appreciate, but this Beagle is really particular. There is the black and the red one, the black is a little bit stronger, but still easy to drink.
    Why Beagle?
    Beagle was the name of the famous ship, which sailed around the southern part of South America and performed a variety scientific surveys. Alaso Charles Darwin was on board.

• Beer Tasting

Marcopolo: Cheap but not fast

picada

This is the reastaurant of the hotel Mracopolo. It is on the main street and it is one of the few places where you can eat without spending a fortune in Ushuaia.
    They have two menu, one for the dinner and another one for the snack, I chosed this one and did not regret as I wasn't too hungry and still you have sandwiches, pizza, picada, hamburger and so on.
    It is cheap.
    The only problem is the slow service, you can wait many minuts before getting the waiter's attention.

• Beer Tasting

• xaver's Profile Photo

Tante Nina: too expensive but good

crab soup

I went to this restaurant in front of Ushuaia harbour because I wanted to taste some of their fish specialites.
    The restaurant is very nice, and the service good.
    I found it overpriced but not more than the other restaurants I tried in Argentina.
    I took a giant crab soup which I loved as I could eat crab meat without having to fight with the body, and a merluza negra (black codfish) typical of this area.
    Everything was nice and I paid 50€.

Favorite Dish: The crab soup was really tasty.

• Wine Tasting

• xaver's Profile Photo

Tante Sara: sandwiches to die for

sandwich

This is a bar but also restaurant in the main street of Ushuaia where I used to stop everyday as they have an excellent coffe(which is weird in Argenyina) and, above all, really a lot of kinds of sandwiches, all fresh made, they were all excellent but my favourite ones were the ham and cheese and the primavera one.

• HispanicYob's Profile Photo

Tante Sara: Cosas Ricas!

by HispanicYob Updated Apr 4, 2011

My favorite dish!

So says the description of the restaurant. This cozy little spot on the main street of Ushuaia offers a variety menu of the typical local cuisine just for you. They usually start you off on portions of different types of bread and your main meal. The only thing I dislike, especially down South, is the fact they take forever to bring you your check, you literally could wait there all day. Make sure you ask for it as soon as they bring your meal. The place is a nice, trendy atmosphere and chances are you'll find a lot of people here with their computers, just like how I was every time I came here. And nope, no American outlets or adaptors so bring your converter.

Favorite Dish: My favorite dish would have to have been the Argentine steak with potatoes. Soo good.

• Singles
    • Study Abroad

• spidermiss's Profile Photo

Cafe Bar Banana: A Pleasant Cafe!

Cafe Bar Banana, Ushuaia

This cafe/bar was a pleasant place to get a drink and a snack. I had a small pizza, fries and a soft drink. The food was nice and filling although more expensive than average for a bar/cafe but cheaper than the surrounding bars and restaurants on the main street.

• spidermiss's Profile Photo

Chocolates del Turista: Lovely but very expensive hot chocolate!

Hot chocolate at Del Turista

I had their lovely home made hot chocolate - expensive for what I got but delicious. The hot chocolate reminded of the hot chocolate I used to have at the closed down Happyness Cafe in Leeds so I felt at home! I did not think it was worth 25 ARP for an average size cup of hot chocolate.

As well as it being a cafe, there is a chocolate shop below selling very expensive chocolate. I bought a alofjar which was delicious.

Favorite Dish: I enjoy their home made hot chocolate!

Laguna Negra: Love the Submarinos

Laguna Negra

I just had a drink at this chocolate shop/cafe. I had a submarino, a drink of hot milk with a piece of dark chocolate (shaped like a submarine) and you simply put into the milk and it melts - it is so delicious!

Favorite Dish: I just had the submarino.

• spidermiss's Profile Photo

Chocolates Ushuaia: The Lovely Hot Chocolate!

by spidermiss Written Mar 2, 2011

Chocolates Ushuaia

I enjoyed visiting this cosy cafe and chocolateria. The hot chocolate is divine and there is a variety of chocolates displayed that you can choose from.

Favorite Dish: I had a hot chocolate and churros for 22 ARP on one visit and a coffee for 20 ARP on another visit. The hot chocolate was wonderful! The prices are expensive compared to other places in Argentina.

• spidermiss's Profile Photo

Elparador, Ushuaia: Delicious Empananas!

by spidermiss Updated Feb 27, 2011

Eating out in Ushuaia is very expensive so I cooked most of my meals at my hostel's kitchen. However, for a change, I found this take away shop who did deliveries so, as a treat, I ordered some empananas and they were delicious! I ordered 12 which worked out 49 ARP including delivery charge. I was able to have them as snacks as well as a couple of meals as they were so filling! It was cheaper than ordering something similar downtown.

The takeaway does promotions from time to time.

Instant Answers: Ushuaia

Comments

Ushuaia Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Ushuaia restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Ushuaia sightseeing.