In Cochabamba as an every other town in Bolivia you can find a lot of taxis, funny thing is that still a lot have got at least all the instruments on the right side because the cars are bought from Japan passing the free trade zone in the north of Chile. It´s quite expensive to change instruments and wheel, that´s why they didn´t change.
OK, first of all it´s important to talk about the price at the beginning, it should be between 3 and 6 Bolivianos normally. Often they try to take a higher price from the "gringos", but normally they accept recognizing that you know about the normal prices.
Micros and Trufis
to go around in bolivian towns you have to use these beautiful old busses which are crowding the streets the whole day. It´s very cheap and always fascinating.
This is a picture taken in Cochabamba, near to the terminal of busses.
By bus or plane
- From Sucre: 366 Km by rubble road
- From La Paz: 382 Km by asphalt road
- From Oruro: 212 Km by asphalt road
- From Santa Cruz: 469 Km by rubble and asphalt road
- From any main city in the country through the following airlines: LAB, AEROSUR, and TAM.
Getting there and around
There are several bus companies making the rounds to La Paz, Sucre, Potosi, Santa Cruz, and other destinations. The fares are dirt cheap (under $1 USD per hour)
For closer destinations, grab a collectivo (van) which take you to all the lovely nearby towns.
well If you need to leave Bolivia from Cochabamba and you are in a hurry, take a plane from this airport
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates