Uyuni Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Uyuni

• PrincessMonja's Profile Photo

Minuteman Pizza: Fantastic food

by PrincessMonja Updated Oct 2, 2007

Great restaurant with a nice atmosphere. This was the best food I'd had in almost two months in South America!

Price indicated includes a beer, a glass of wine and then a bottle of wine!

Favorite Dish: I had pasta which was yummy (large portions) and my husband had a huge pizza which was apparently great.

**UPDATE**

I have received this message regarding this restaurant:

"This restaurant refuses to serve locals. I invited my guide for pizza and he told me that he would not be allowed to go in. We were allowed in, but were refused service because we did not have a reservation. There were many empty tables."

• elpariente's Profile Photo

Comidas en el Salar / Eating in the Salar

by elpariente Updated Mar 15, 2007

El Tour del Salar incluye las comidas , pero como no hay infraestructuras en la zona cada 4X4 lleva la comida para los tres días y una cocinera , la nuestra con niño , que en el campo o en los "hoteles" saca el "butano" y te prepara unas comidas estupendas
    The Salar Tour includes the meals , but like in the area there are not infraestructures each 4x4 takes the food for the three days and a cook , our with child , that in the field or in the "hotels" take out the gas kitchen and she prepared very good foods

• Andre_C10002's Profile Photo

PastiPizza: Good food...

by Andre_C10002 Updated Feb 8, 2007

This restaurante is family ran. They have pizzas, pasta, sandwiches, meat and chicken. The place is clean, prices are fine and the food is good!

Openned all they long from Monday to Sunday.

Don't miss it. They also have a restaurante in Tupiza.

Favorite Dish: Churrasco a Argetina and the Biana Pizza

• Minuteman Pizza: Best Pizza

by alcoholic29 Written Feb 17, 2006

This is the best pizza I´ve had in South America. It´s recommended in the Lonely Planet although there is no buffett as the LP says there is. The owner is an American who used to be a gourment pizza chef in the States. The pizza kicks ass, I´m going there there for dinner again later tonight.

small pizza 30 bolivanos large 60. $4- $8

• titti's Profile Photo

Don Oscar: don't miss Oscar!

by titti Updated Sep 12, 2003

After 7 pm is quite difficult to find room in one of the Lonely-Planet-advertised-restaurants. Since it was late and I was in a hurry, having seen my first mirage, I entered the first restaurant where I saw an available table: Don Oscar. Not much choice and everything with meat (I still pretend to be vegeterian), but it was really easy to have something like a vegeterian dish: a tasty sopa and ...oh! I don’t remember what, but I’m sure I enjoyed it. The mate de coca was free, the people lovely ... and the heating just behind me.
    A suggestion: if you ask some cheese, remeber to specify that you don’t want it grated. Probably they’re still wondering where I put the grated cheese I got with my salad.
    (It seems that the VTer Utttz appreciated the restaurant, as well)

Favorite Dish: mmmh...I think the one I cannot remember of. I'm sure it was great.

• utttz's Profile Photo

market: almuerzo and desayuno

by utttz Updated Sep 3, 2003

fast food market

you've got two option in uyuni market:
    downstair for a complete "comida" or upstair for something more simply like empanadas, bread with eggs and so on

Favorite Dish: soup, estufado, empanadas and the usual bolivian stuff... just be sure they can warm up your empanada

• utttz's Profile Photo

don oscar: the choice!

by utttz Written Sep 1, 2003

there's a restaurant called the cactus, perfect, with heating and lot of tourists inside. if you enter the door just beside it you simply enter a great restaurant.... just be prepared!
    First time we entering it a 4 years lady runned into the kitchen shouting turistas ... well, we were just for a coffee but we decided to go for the night.
    pisco sour to celebrate... is it possible? claro que si'... after 10 minutes a girl arrived with a plastic bag containg a bottle.. 1 minute later we had our pisco sour (one of the best we had).
    then we ordered something different from the menu... 20 minutes later eggs arrived and our dish was ready in flash.

Favorite Dish: I can't remember what it was but it was with eggs.

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo

Salt Hotel: a beer at the Salt Hotel

by richiecdisc Written Feb 24, 2003

the salty ambience makes you thirsty

We were on a tour so ate the prepared meals that our guide dished out, which were quite tasty and filling. But we did stop at the Salt Hotel as part of the tour and it looked like a great place to stay and eat if you had time. We opted for a beer instead. Nothing like driving all day through a vast salt flat to work up a thirst!

Instant Answers: Uyuni

Comments

Uyuni Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Uyuni restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Uyuni sightseeing.