Salvador da Bahia What to Pack

Most Recent What to Pack in Salvador da Bahia

• Zarasher's Profile Photo

Bring all your bras!

by Zarasher Written Dec 4, 2005

Luggage and bags: A light suitcase as the allowance is only 20KG... you don't want the weight of your suitcase taking up half of that!

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: I took with me all kinds of shoes that I didnt need... All that is needed are flip flop... That is all you will find that you will wear. Maybe a pair of heels if you plan on going to clubs and even then you can wear flip flops.

Ladies any bras you are going to need bring them! I thought I would buy a strapless bra when I got there... only to discover NO bra and cup sizes simply Medium, Small or Large and I went to loooads of shops... so just remember that!

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Anything you need bring it with you. I thought Id just get alot of stuff when I got there but then wouldnt be able to find what I needed... so if it is essential bring it!

Funny story I wanted to get indigestion tablets and I thought I did a good job explaining at the Chemists... Tell me why I ended up with Laxatives... oh yes!

Photo Equipment: If you have a digital camera put them on to disk every so often and then you can mail it back to yourself in case you lose them... It is cheap and quick to do

• Women's Travel
    • Study Abroad

• MulattaCarioca's Profile Photo

Casual Casual Casual

by MulattaCarioca Updated Jun 27, 2005

Luggage and bags: Mosquito Repellent, year round
    Your Favorite Shampoo & Conditioner
    Deoderant (you'll be surprised at how much more you need it)

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Shorts, Linen Pants (in Dark and Light Colors), Tennis Shoes (cobblestones are NOT friendly to high heels, although we Brasilians wear them without incident)

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Allergy Meds (this is an tropical country, after all)

Photo Equipment: Bring battery packs unless you stay at Village Novo (where you can recharge just by plugging in)

• Luxury Travel

• noelle-on-tour's Profile Photo

Lots of Sun Block

by noelle-on-tour Written Apr 13, 2005

Luggage and bags: small bags, shorts and t-shirts and sandals almost every place you go day or night always casual, shorts and tees.

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Very hot in dezember, january, march and april the weather is not so hot, but salvador always is warm and suny

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: take the usual medical supplies, tylenol, aspirin, repelent, stomach digestive,

Photo Equipment: lots films

• andal13's Profile Photo

Rain

by andal13 Updated Jul 26, 2003

Pelourinho

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Did you read the previous tip? Well, this one is just the contrary. Don't forget your umbrella or your raincoat, because it rains a lot!!!

¿Leíste el consejo anterior? Bueno, éste es exactamente lo contrario. No olvides tu paraguas o impermeable, ¡¡¡porque llueve un montón!!!

• msp_ssa's Profile Photo

Packing List

by msp_ssa Written Aug 26, 2002

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: If you want to look like a tourist bring rain gear. The locals take cover under a store awning and wait out the rain or just get wet if they have to keep moving.

Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: If you're planning to go to any beaches be sure to bring sun screen with you. It's very expensive down there.

• andal13's Profile Photo

Sun block

by andal13 Updated Jul 26, 2003

That's me!

Miscellaneous: Be careful with Bahian sun!!! Take your sun block (and use it).

Ten cuidado con el sol bahiano!!! Lleva tu protector solar (y úsalo).

Instant Answers: Salvador da Bahia

Comments

Salvador da Bahia What to Pack

Reviews and photos of Salvador da Bahia what to pack posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Salvador da Bahia sightseeing.

View all Salvador da Bahia hotels