Bocaina de Minas Off The Beaten Path

Rafael at Alcantilado Area
    Me in the trail to Alcantilado Mountain
  • Grazi and I in the first glade of Alcantilado Peak
    Grazi and I in the first glade of...

Most Recent Off The Beaten Path in Bocaina de Minas

HAPPY AND FROZEN FACES

by RafaelTheSecond Written Sep 26, 2007

Grazi and Marcone - Brave Hearts!

Hahahahaha they must be very proud to have tasted the coldest water for the first time in their lives, I confess I did not hav anough guts to do that, but i should remember you that in Canada during the winter, most precisely in Mont Tremblent I could dive in a frozen pool!

But in that time I was 3 years younger, now on the top of my 36 years old it is not a thing that i can do easily so I left the prestige for my two young friends to enjoy this lovely (but freeeeezing) mineral water pool some meters before reaching the top of Alcantilado Mountain!

SEP 7TH - 2007

• RafaelTheSecond's Profile Photo

THE LAST WATERFALL AND THEY "SPLASH"

My heroes at Veu da Noiva Falls

My two heroes friends Marcone and Grazi dared to swim in such an extreme freezing water, actually they were more courajous than me...Grazi for being so picky with water and Marcone who came from a land that cold weather is not existant....and they succeed it...Of course I was jkust watching....but I can imagine their bones aching to death, but what really matter is that they did it, and this lovely place called VEU DAS NOIVAS should be showed to you, and for sure I strongly recommend you to be there one day!

THE ALCANTILADO VALLEY

Grazi and I in the first glade of Alcantilado Peak

After a long while trekking in the thick forest we finally found a glade where we could see the whole valley of Alcantilado, and we had this magical view, and we were over 1000 meter high!

This is my great friend Graziella with me in the photo!;)

ALCANTILADO

Me in the trail to Alcantilado Mountain

Alcantilado is a very old portuguese word that means "hard to reach", this is the name that the first portuguese settlers together with bushmen gave to this area, indeed going there is a tough tast, me, Marcone and Graziella was trying to reach the top of the mountain with the same name, and in the way we suddenly come across with so beautiful caves full of water making a hole of sparkling green water...At the beggining we did not want to touch the water because it was very cold and the weather quite cold as well, but in the way it was very common to see breath taking views of the valleys!

• RafaelTheSecond's Profile Photo

HAVE YOU EVER HEARD ABOUT ALCANTILADO!?

Rafael at Alcantilado Area

After visiting the MUST GO places in the region such as Escorrega Falls, the Poção, the little village of Maringá, the Minas's side over the bridge..Santa Clara Falls, the village of Maromba and the road of maringá...you can hire an specialized trekker and ranger to take you to the Alcantilado Falls close to Itatiaia peaks. This place is a private property and the owner opens it for you to explore more than 10 waterfalls, caves and rivers in this so vast green area.

And in the way you can come across with very impressive water springs like the one in the photo!!!

Instant Answers: Bocaina de Minas

Comments

Bocaina de Minas Off The Beaten Path

Reviews and photos of Bocaina de Minas off the beaten path posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bocaina de Minas sightseeing.

View all Bocaina de Minas hotels