Bocaina de Minas Restaurants

Marcone and I at Agua viva Restaurant
    by RafaelTheSecond
  • This is me in the restaurant..yes it is true!
    This is me in the restaurant..yes it is...
    by RafaelTheSecond
    This is the dress code, hahaha :)

Most Recent Restaurants in Bocaina de Minas

• RafaelTheSecond's Profile Photo

EL CUBANO: BEST TACO IN MY LIFE!

by RafaelTheSecond Written Sep 27, 2007

I have never had a TACO IN MEXICO,,,I wish I could one day!!! But for sure hidden in the mountains of Rio we had a great taco that El Cubano Henrique never will tell you the secret!

Favorite Dish: We had that glorious TACO as the entrance of a magical dinner with the best of cuban food!!!

And you can find this place in a location that no traveller have hear when RIO DE JANEIRO is a destination!;)

Delicious TACO AT EL CUBANO

ELCUBANO: AT NIGHT??? GO TO CUBA

by RafaelTheSecond Written Sep 27, 2007

Henrique left Cuba some years ago and decided to live in the mountains of Rio with his family, his great charisma, music and deep knowledge about cuban, mexican and californian cuisine made a very famous restaurant, luckly very close to our camping field and one evening we decide to stop by.

We had tons of laughter with this guy and we joined us in the table all made of thick wood in a tavern atmosphere. We felt like we were eating at Sierra Maestra waiting for Fidel Castro and Che Chevara come to drink some mijotos with us!

Surely I had my pure ron, and that very cold weather was begging for some very hot drink...Grazi had a typical mojito and Marcone as a "light drinker" decided to have a tasty PIÑA COLADA!

El Cubano Henrique with us! TOTAL HAPPINESS!

• RafaelTheSecond's Profile Photo

AGUA VIVA: I MADE A NEW FRIEND - A CAT!!!!

by RafaelTheSecond Written Sep 26, 2007

Even the cats are there to have the finest food in the region, he belongs to the owner and we shared a delicious piece of meat, as mine was enormous and I did not mind to give to my friend the cat, some pieces of steaks!

And the best steak ever!!!!!

By the way, nobody told me his name, so from now on he will be HORACIO!

MY NEW FRIEND - HORACIO

• RafaelTheSecond's Profile Photo

AGUA VIVA: WAITING FOR THE FOOD!!!!

by RafaelTheSecond Written Sep 26, 2007

Sometimes it is quite boring to wait for the meal when we are starving, in this restaurant we do forget about time when we have all this spectacular scenery right there for us!

At Agua Viva you can do it, and guess what??? They have a natural shower as well!

This is the dress code, hahaha :)

AGUA VIVA: THE WILDERNESS AS A DESSERT

by RafaelTheSecond Written Sep 26, 2007

While you wait for your meal to come or just after you eat you can simply relax in the river. preto River gives you a very refreshing bath in this magic place called Maringa!

Favorite Dish: You can order the food and eat on the rocks if you want, but keep the river clean!

HAVE YOU EVER THOUGHT ABOUT A PICNIC IN A LOCAL FOOD RESTAURANT IN THE MIDDLE OF NOTHING IN BRAZIL ALL SURROUNDED BY GREEN MOUNTAINS ON THE TOP OF THE HIGHIEST MOUNTAIN REGION OF RIO THE JANEIRO STATE????

Well at Agua Viva you can do it!

This is me in the restaurant..yes it is true!

AGUA VIVA: BRAZILIAN FOOD IN THE MOUNTAINS

by RafaelTheSecond Written Sep 26, 2007

Maringa in the side of Rio State on the Preto River has lots of incredible cuisine options, and one of the finest restaurant in the region is just over there, together with a magnificent wilderness you can have the best of brazilian food, and you can be served by the owners!

Marcone and I had lunch in this fantastic place where you just eat outside with the birds and a little cat who is always in the mood to lie down in the shade while you eat!

The place is simple and calm, and a great deal for couple in love!

Favorite Dish: We had brown beans very typical in Minas Gerais State, rice and two lovely big stakes and grilled chicken, with a very rich salad, full of vegatables that they produce in the property!

Marcone and I at Agua viva Restaurant

Instant Answers: Bocaina de Minas

Comments

Bocaina de Minas Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Bocaina de Minas restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bocaina de Minas sightseeing.

View all Bocaina de Minas hotels