Guarda do Embaù Favorites

Most Recent Favorites in Guarda do Embaù

• dargains's Profile Photo

Atravessando o Rio - Crossing the river

by dargains Written Apr 14, 2004

Favorite thing: Leve somente o minimo necessario, para o seu dia na praia, uma vez que e necessario atravessar o Rio.
    Da para atravessar tranquilamente a pe, so leve uma mochila ou sacos plasticos para poder levar todas as suas coisa juntas e sobre a sua cabeça
    Lembrando que depois do Rio, existem barracas que vendem comida, bebida e alugam cadeiras de praia e guarda sol

Take only the minium necessary for your day at the beach, because you have to cross the river.
    You can cross the river on foot, just remeber to take a backpack, so you can hold all your stuff together above your head, and cross the river withouth getting it wet.
    There are people selling food and drinks, on the beach as well as people that can rent you some beach chairs.

MY FRIENDS,A TREASURE!

by janaina Written Sep 22, 2002

Favorite thing: To go to Guarda with my brothers and their gang was a wonderful time I'll never forget ( and so as they..lol),but to go with my friends in this last trip was so much fun!
    I took a lot of pictures of us,and I'll show you!They will be in my travelogue.
    First:the group at the beach

ONE OF THE TOP TEN BEACHES IN BRAZIL

by janaina Updated Sep 22, 2002

Favorite thing: Guarda was ranked as one of the " top ten " beaches in Brazil,according to "TERRA TRAVEL MAGAZINE ",one of the best travel magazines in Brazil.
    And it doesn't surprise me,as it has all what you can see in Buzius,Ilha Grande or the northeast coast,and with the plus of being a fishermen village,keeping its atmosphere like this,what doesn't mean it can't offer a good resonable tourist facilities,you won't find there 5 stars hotels,but good Inns,guesthouses and great restaurants,in a very good price!

Fondest memory: Certainly,the first local family house I had the pleasure to stay,in 1993.
    The name of the fisherman's wife was Maria,and in that time,when we came there,she recognized my brothers from an year ago,saying.." the 'cariocas '(as all called people from Rio) are back,hmm,how could you live the beauties of your Rio to be in our small village my sons..",and it was so sweet of her,besides,the joke about the beauties of Rio,as Guarda can be so much more beautiful than Rio!!

THAN AND NOW

by janaina Updated Sep 22, 2002

Favorite thing: Once,specially in winter (july ),the place was really just a group of surfers that everybody knew.The place was very popular between them,specially for trainings before the competitions,because of the fact that the " begginers " were not there to bother the " feras "(the guys who had a good national or even international ranking).The fisheremen and their families even called them "sons ",as they were part of the families!

Fondest memory: My brothers,together with my cousin from Florianopolis,started going to Guarda in 1992,when I was 14.
    I think I joined them first time an year after,in July,after a hard work of coinvincing them I wouldn't make any troubles and will be quite!
    It was like being in paradise,everybody was young,only the families of the locals were around,and nobody cared about anything!
    This feeling of freedom keeps pushing me to there till now,even the place is already too popular as a family travel site!!

Instant Answers: Guarda do Embaù

Comments

Guarda do Embaù Favorites

Reviews and photos of Guarda do Embaù favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Guarda do Embaù sightseeing.

View all Guarda do Embaù hotels