Brasil Travel Guide

av paulista
    av paulista

Brasil Things to Do

• visit the zoo

A garotada que quiser comemorar o Dia das Crianças no Zoológico de São Paulo vai se divertir muito com as novidades que o Parque oferece.As surpresas vão desde o lançamento de um Programa de Educação Ambiental com animais vivos até a oportunidade de conhecerem os principais biomas brasileiros: Mata Atlântica, Cerrado, Pantanal e Amazônia.

• visit the nature and research

Instituto desenvolve estudos e pesquisa básica na área de Biologia e de Biomedicina, relacionadas, direta ou indiretamente, com a saúde pública. Produz vacinas e soros para uso profilático e curativo. Realiza missões científicas no país e no exterior através da Organização Mundial e Panamericana da Saúde

• embu das artes

The Sunday is the best I gave to visit it, since some as many apples, the step to the traffic is cut to install a craft fair, its streets are of cobblestones, and on them the positions with their crafts are installed. The place is surrounded by mountains, has an incredible view. I was with friends of the place, that knew the road since the center...

Brasil Hotels

Brasil Nightlife

• walk in thew night in the city

walk in the night in sao paolo city is the huge experience, in the new year time, yo ucan see the light and the and the big building casual

• walk in the beach

walk in the new year time in the beach of santos with all lighting, people and the ocean is the great experience, casul cloths

• Brasil Hotels

1 Hotels in Brasil

Brasil Local Customs

by kitsikopoulou Updated Feb 9, 2007

Feijolada is a traditional Brazilian dish. It is basically black beans soup that accompanies deep-fried fish, onions, tomato. So yiammy!!! We had it in Isla Grande by the beach while enjoing the sunshine!! Gr8 feeling..

Feijolada & fish by the beach of Isla Grande

Brasil Warnings and Dangers

• Laerke's Profile Photo

by Laerke Written Jul 20, 2004

This tip is useful for most underdeveloped or poorer places (Bolivia not included). Especially RIO.

0) Prepare well before you leave home.

1) Dont bring anything you value too much and dont walk around flashing jewlery and watches. I mean, look discrete in all ways.

2) You can make smaller hidden money/value pockets in your clothes, bye elastic band bags to keep underneath your clothes - around the legs, whatever.

3) Keep the money in smaller portions - but dont forget where!
    As well as the credit cards - bring several, in case you should "loose" one or two, and keep them seperate.

4) Give someone you trust back home authority to send/wire you money from your account in case you should loose everything.

5) Have a wire with a padlock attached to secure the backpack. You might want to have a cape (fx a waterproof one) to keep hands out of the backpack while youre wearing it. If travelling on bus, try to keep it with you inside the bus and not in the luggage compartment if you can get away with it.
    If not, keep an eye out whenever the bus stops - someone might run away with your stuff.

5) Be alert, it happens when you least expect it!

6) For RIO - dont bring anything you cant live without to the beach and know which areas to go to and which not!

7) To me the most precious part of my luggage are my photos and maybe things that I buy along the way - so send them home before you loose them - but keep the negatives or vice versa. I dont even trust the mailman.

These are simple tips - but things you need to be aware of.
    I might sound paranoid - but a smaller bad experience can end up ruining a beautiful journey.

Brasil Tourist Traps

by kitsikopoulou Updated Feb 9, 2007

Not exactly a tourist trap but I GOT TRAPPED:)) HEHe

I paied 9 reals for a Calling Card to make a call home (to Greece) and I only managed to talk for 2 minutes!! Very expensive I would say.. I prefered postcards after this..:)

Fun Alternatives: EMAILS EMAILS EMAILS!!

Brasil What to Pack

by kitsikopoulou Written Aug 6, 2007

Luggage and bags: Best choise is an everyday one hand luggage and a small backpack!

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: We went on August: Flip-flops, hikking shoes (if u want to get adventurous), 1 BIKINI (better to by some over there) and sharongs. That all u need!! PACK AS LITTLE AS U CAN!

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Get ur meds from home as you will find it hard to describe ur problem to the pharmacist! I had some issues there that were very funny but didn't manage to find what I needed!:)

Photo Equipment: We had no prob with Cameras getting nicked. However, we tryed to be discreet with all our expensive belongings.

Brasil Favorites

• by mbryansf Written Apr 25, 2008

Favorite thing: Mareietatia
    Don't be afraid of Brazil, its a crazy wonderful place, you just need to have the same common sense you use when travelling in any big city- not wearing expensive jewelry, or showing too much wealth when walking the street. When I travel back to Brazil each year I pay mainly with Credit/debit cards taking enough cash for taxis, and inscidental purchases. I've been married to a wonderful Paulistana for 12 years, lived in Sao Paulo for 3 of those, and now travel, back with my family at least once a year. Brazil is a giant country with many facids aside form Rio/Sao Paulo, by all means visit them, but visit the real country in the Northeast, with its great beaches and people.

Fondest memory: I have too many, but I think it was my wife & I in Maceio, on varios excursions we took on a small tour bus, with a group of people we just met.

Instant Answers: Brasil

Comments

Map of Brasil