Itu Travel Guide

My Lizard
    by akwindsong

Itu Things to Do

• by akwindsong Written Oct 20, 2002

You must visit the Schincariol brewery. Schincariol makes beer, soda, and water. At the end of the tour you get to "test" their products. We also got a little cooler with samples, glasses, pens, hat, shirt, etc.

Itu Hotels

Itu Restaurants

• by akwindsong Written Oct 21, 2002

You have got to try the disk parmigiana...it is absolutely phenomenal. It is a huge piece of steak with an orange sauce (reminded me of spaghetti-o sauce) and melted shredded cheese over it. We had it twice while we were there because we liked it so much.

• by akwindsong Written Oct 21, 2002

This restaurant was wonderful! You can order off the menu or you can have the cook make the food how you choose. You stand in a line by the cooks (there are 3 or 4 stoves) and choose the type of pasta, type of sauce and whatever you want in it (peas, carrots, garlic, mushrooms, olives, etc.). You can go back for more...if you can fit it in. I would love to go back again, only I'd get smaller portions so I could try a little of everything.

Favorite Dish: I had fettucine with white sauce and several condiments. It was very tasty!

• by akwindsong Written Oct 20, 2002

Tonilu is a wonderful restaurant in the mall in Itu (there also is one in Sao Paolo). The staff was very wonderful and the service was fast. The owner even took a picture of us "Americans" eating at his restaurant.

Favorite Dish: I had a grilled chicken sandwich with rice. There was way more than I could eat in one sitting.

Itu Shopping

• by akwindsong Updated Oct 18, 2002

We decided to go to the mall/supermercado while our hosts were at work. Our hosts said that many college students worked at the malls and spoke some English if you really needed help....BUT, you should atleast try to speak portuguese, even if you only say "cuanto" (how much) and point to the item. Remember to say thank you, "obrigado" (masc.) or "obrigada" (fem.) when you leave.

Instant Answers: Itu

Comments

Itu Travel Guide
Map of Itu