Paranapiacaba Things to Do
ABPF - Associação Brasileira de Preservação Ferroviária (Brazilian Association for Railroad Preservation) has a nice exposition of old trains and tools from E. F. Santos a Jundiaí (Santos to Jundiaí Railroad). There are guided tours and you can take nice photos.
Paranapiacabe is a city that lives for the trains, so what is better then getting there by train? Here goes a quick how to that will get you there spending little money and having some fun:
- Start on Sé Subway Station;
- Get the Red line to Corithians Itaquera until you reacht the Bras Station;
- Transfer to the CPTM train on line D and travel 12 Stations until you reach Rio Grande da Serra CPTM Station. This is line D's final Station;
- Cross the train line and walk right in the street for about 100 meters where you'll find a bus stop;
- Take the bus to Paranapiacaba. It runs every half hour. It takes 20 minutes to get to Paranapiacaba;
The travel from Se Subway station to Paranapiacaba takes 2 hours and costs R$ 4,90 (as of 06/25/2006).