Places to eat in São Paulo

Emiliano Hotel & Restaurant

Most Viewed Restaurants in São Paulo

• Guekko Sushi Vila Nova Conceicao: Best Japanese of São Paulo

by xpobrasil Written Oct 13, 2012

It was a surprise finding in a small, simple place the best Japanese food I had in all these trips in Brazil. No doubt, Sushi Guekko Vila Nova is the best. It is very close to Av. Brigadeiro Faria Lima, Av. Juscelino Kubitscheck and Av. brigadeiro Luis Antonio, location is very convenient if you are staying in some hotel at Itaim, Vila Olimpia, Moema or even Jardins. It works well as a place for business lunch or dinner. FAIR cost and great food. The chef Hiro and the team are very nice and make you feel home.

Claudia

Favorite Dish: The crispy calamari, river schirimp and the " eat all you can" buffet are fantastic !

• Seniors

Bella Paulista: 24-hour bakery/deli

by Elainehead Updated Dec 10, 2011

This place is very popular among hipsters and young "paulistanos", but it's a great place to grab a bite when everything is closed down in the area. Be warned, it will probably be crowded (and noisy!) and finding a free seat (bar counter or table) will be almost an impossible mission. If you're not used to these places, you might find it confusing at first. When you enter, you are handed a big plastic card, which has a barcode on it. If you notice, every waiter has a PDA, so whenever you order something, he'll put all that information in his PDA and then scan your barcode (if I recall correctly). When you leave, you head to cashier counter and pay your check.

Things are not cheap, but I can't complain about the quality of the food.

I had a ham and cheese sandwich and drank some fruit juice (freshly squeezed). Too bad, I wasn't hungry enough to try their self-service buffet.

They also have a delivery service.

Blurry photo of Bella Paulista
    • Singles

• RafaelTheSecond's Profile Photo

BELLA PAULISTA: GOOD MORNING SAO PAULO

by RafaelTheSecond Updated Apr 4, 2011

Bakeries in Brazil are very common..and just like Portugal, the owners are portuguese. But bakeries in Sao paulo can be very charming! They have a large selection of food and many brazilian delites.

When I go to São paulo and one of my last visits, Marcone and his mother were with me.

Paulistas are demianding people so this bakery, that we call PADARIA are one of the best in Avenida Paulista Area!

Favorite Dish: BELLA PAULISTA offers a delicious breakfast..some of the hotels in the area has great prices and fantastic locations, but they do not offer breaakfast. And I strongly recommend you to visit this PADARIA!!! It is simly fantastic!!!

Eating with happiness with PEPA!!

• finawf's Profile Photo

Villa Alvear: Argentinian and Brazilian Fine Food

by finawf Updated Apr 4, 2011

Rustic interior with dark wood and an impressive ceiling, the ambience of this restaurante is elegant and refined. An extensive selection of cocktails, whiskies, wines, and fine cigars. Add to that several modern flat screen TVs and wireless internet which was unexpected, though I did not see a single person using it and the environment is definitely not geared towards it.

The menu is extensive, I ordered the plate ´Misto de tres peixes´ which was three types of fish, salmon, sole, and tuna covered in a light tomato sauce accompanied by angel hair pasta. There are very traditional Argentinian dishes that I was not familiar with and of course many cuts of beef. Brazilian dishes are also prominent, including famous ´feijoada´. The service was impeccable and formal.

I had a very good dining experience and highly recommend this restaurant. It is located in a quaint neighborhood near Parque Ibirapuera and there is valet parking for 5 reias.

Favorite Dish: I only had one dish as it was the first and only time I have been there. It was a mix of three types of grilled fish with a tomato based red sauce accompanied by angel hair pasta. The grilling of the fish was done just right and the sauce adding a unique flavor.

Fran´s Café: 24-hour Coffee Shop

by Elainehead Updated Apr 4, 2011

Fran´s Café is a chain of a coffee shop. This one is probably their smallest shop.
    If you are driving past it, especially at night, you will certainly miss it.
    It´s a very cozy place with a few tables. There is also a mezzanine with more tables and I think the W.C. is right there.
    Newspapers and magazines available. You can browse the newspapers, not sure about the magazines.
    Some sandwiches/croissants are served with chips. I don´t remember my sandwich´s name but it had cheese, ham and green olives (not served with chips).
    My husband ate the same sandwich plus some Belgian waffle, which was a bit disappointed for him.
    I don´t remember exactly how much we paid for everything.

Fran's Caf��
    • Gay and Lesbian

• schurlif's Profile Photo

Angelica Grill: Excellent Food & Quality , Very Good Deal

by schurlif Updated Mar 14, 2011

"Angelica Grill" is your high middle class churrascaria with excellent food and service for no more than 20 U$ per person...we (family , visits from abroad and I) have been going back for years because this place keeps its quality up and going.... beautifull salon with nice ceiling lights , impressive central salad bar with at least 40 - 45 items ranging from green leaves to salmon , sushi , arabic food , italian pasta and much more... the meat comes quickly , sizzling hot , smelling like heaven and tasting even better... For red meat lovers the musts are "Picanha" , "Fraldinha", "Alcatra" and "Maminha"... Don't ask , just trust me...... But there's of course much more , homemade , spicy, grilled sausage on the skewer , pheasant with beacon rolled around it , chicken in various forms, lamb..... and on and on....
    living in a city where you have these kind of places practically around the corner gets you accustomed to it but first and even second time visitors usually kinda freak out with this , believe me... BTW , Angelica Grill has a fantastic gigantic wall to wall aquarium with all kinds of interesting ocean animals.... The kids love it and the adults spend like 15 minutes , amazed....

Favorite Dish: I know so many churrascarias that are good to excellent , it's getting hard to point a single one out and from that one to point out a single dish..... But , IMHO , Angelica Grills "Cupim" is the best around.... cupim means termite but that's not it..... this cupim is the hump of the cow and stays in the oven for 24 hours or more..... the result is a still somewhat fatty meat , but it just melts in your mouth and when you get a piece that's a little more roasted then it has an undescribable , fantastic out of this world chewy texture and flavor .... almost like getting high on meat........ that's about how I'd like to describe it......

( Attention : instead of deleting , I simply update... I returned to Angelica Grill one week ago and had to see , to my dismay that the before mentioned gigantic aquarium does NOT exist anymore.... it cracked , I was told..... a BIG PITY , but you're not going to a churrascaria to watch fish swim around anyway... the food is as good as always and this is what matters..)

SMALL PART OF THE CENTRAL SALAD BAR ANGELICA GRILL AT NIGHT ME CHOOSING THE BEST PART OF THE PICANHA FRIED BANANAS, POLENTA, FRIES AND ONION RINGS ANNA IN FRONT OF THE EX-AQUARIUM

Apfel: Good Vegetarian Restaurant in Jardins

by Elainehead Written Oct 23, 2010

Due to health problems, I had to eat only at vegetarian restaurants while in São Paulo and this was my first time in a place like this. I'm glad I came here, because I really liked it, especially the lunch buffet from Monday to Friday. I think it was R$ 20 (all you can eat with drinks and dessert).
    The food was really good. I don't remember anything specific, but they had hot and cold dishes from soups to pasta. I was only disappointed with the drinks option, only water and a syrup (water with syrup) thing.
    I thought there was a dinner buffet, but unfortunately there wasn't. It's a "la carte" and very pricey, but still good nonetheless (at least my dish, which was "mandioquinha gnocchi"). My husband had some kind of risoto (too hot for him - curry, ginger, red pepper...). Before you place your order, you are given some appetizers (we had mangue/mint juice, something that seemed like ricotta with coriander, a small salad and Swedish bread). We also had dessert, which was some kind of apple pie (I didn't like it very much - too sweet for my taste).

appetizers gnocchi risotto
    • Singles

• csordila's Profile Photo

Eating in Sao Paulo: Gastronomic City of the World 1999

by csordila Updated Jun 3, 2009

In 1999 the city won the 'Gastronomic City of the World' award, so eating well in São Paulo, is guaranteed. Brazilian eateries are divided into 2 basic types: rodizio/all-you-can-eat bistros and sit down restaurants.

Eating here is considered a casual, and very social, passtime, with the main meal of the day, comprising 4-5 courses.
    With sit down meals you willl probably get a platter of local fruits, and end your meal with brazilian espresso - cafezinho.
    Common dishes are Feijoada (beef, pork, beans, and rice covered in Mandioca -Cassava- meal) and Churrasco (barbecued meats served with peppers, onions, and mandioca). Brazilian food is often identified with the use of Malagueta, a very hot pepper sauce.

You can find a lot of fine restaurants including the Terraco Italia, at the top of the 41-story Italia building which offers an amazing 360-degree panoramic view of the city!

Favorite Dish: Barbecued Baby Beef

1) Wipe ribs with wet towel or with damp paper towels.
    2) Place ribs in a single layer in a shallow roasting pan.
    3) Roast ribs at 450 degrees for about 20 minutes, turning once.
    4) Prepare basting sauce. Mix all ingredients together.
    5) Remove ribs from oven.
    6) Brush ribs with sauce on both sides. Return to oven.
    7) Bake at 450 degrees for about 20 minutes longer or until ribs are tender.

Baste with remaining sauce from time to time while baking. If ribs start getting too dark, cover with aluminum foil and reduce heat to 400 degrees for the last ten minutes of baking time.
    Buen apetito!!

Restaurant Week Brazil

• MM212's Profile Photo

Emiliano: Top Italian

by MM212 Updated Jun 1, 2009

Located in its namesake hotel, Emiliano Restaurant is considered one of the most sophisticated Italian restaurants in São Paulo. It gives the Fasano group, both the hotel and restaurant, stiff competition. A meal here is memorable, but drains the wallet for sure.

Emiliano Hotel & Restaurant
    • Wine Tasting
    • Luxury Travel

• kiwigal_1's Profile Photo

Pitanga: Pitanga - in Vila Madalena

by kiwigal_1 Written May 3, 2008

This place was such a cute little Brazilian local eatery that my Brazilian friends took me to. It is located inside a house which has been brightly painted inside and has lots of interesting photos, paintings and ceramics hanging on the walls and ferns and other plants hanging from the ceilings. The food was delicious and abundant

Favorite Dish: The food is a buffet style with all sorts to choose from including the Brazilian Feijoada dish. There were salads, ***ake mushrooms, snow peas, bachalau (sp!), pernil, mignon and then for desert I ordered a hot brownie with chocolate fudge sauce and ice cream which was great! They serve non alcoholic drinks (usual fizzy drinks plus interesting natural fruit juices) and alcoholic drinks. My friend drank a capirinha with lunch :)

• mircaskirca's Profile Photo

Zeni Sushi: Japan in Brazil

by mircaskirca Updated Apr 24, 2008

It was my farewell dinner before taking a night bus to Curitiba and we wanted to be a very special one. As we both love japonese food Lu suggested Zeni sushi. She's been there before and really liked it.

The ambience of the restaurant is simple but stylish. You can hear japanese music in the background. They play it quietly so it's only an accompanist to the conversation. And if you seat close to the bar you may even observe the cook while preparing your meal.

Favorite Dish: We began with a couple of appetizers, warm and cold ones; from roasted shiitake to temaki sushi (cone of sushi rice, fish and vegetables wrapped in seaweed), salad and some more things. For the main dish we had a huge selection of sushi (maki sushi and nigiri sushi) and sashimi. Lu accompanied the meal with juice and me with caipirinha.

We completed this excellent dinner with fried ice cream and expresso. The funny thing was that the waiter recognised Lu from TV so the dessert was on the house. It's always convenient to be friendly with journalists :)))

Ahhh, everything was absolutely delicious... definitely the best japanese food I've ever had!

a selection of sushi and sashimi appetizer fried ice cream

• RafaelTheSecond's Profile Photo

CANTINA LAZZARELLA: EATING GOOD IN SAMPA

by RafaelTheSecond Written Apr 22, 2008

I have heard many italians saying that PASTA in São Paulo are way better than the pastas in ITALIA! and I think it is true. I know the city a lot and I can easily say that in a neighborhood called Bexiga, there are many TRADITIONAL CANTINAS there and it is hard to say each one is the best...but I would recommend CANTINA LAZZARELLA...We had a lovely time there for lunch!!!

But you can go to Bexiga day and night!

Favorite Dish: Their LASAGNA ARE SIMPLE A REAL ORGASM!!!

The 3 of us at Lazzarella Very rich meal for low prices

• Toninho e Freitas: The Best Beiruth in Sao Paulo

by distimica Written Feb 15, 2008

They have monster sandwiches. Beiruth is an Arabic inspired sandwich, with greens, meat and toppings on a flat bread. This place takes it to extremes. Go with a partner to share one.

Very simple and modest surroundings.

Favorite Dish: They also have hamburgers, but I have allways gone for the many beiruth options - special, champignon... Half a special when you are very hungry or half a champignon when you don't want to hibernate post meal.

• schurlif's Profile Photo

LA CASSEROLE: THE BEST LITTLE OLDFASHIONED FRENCH EATERY IN TOWN

by schurlif Updated Jun 6, 2007

This place has tradition, it's been there since over 50 years and that's a long time for a Sampa restaurant..... Its stylish but unpretencious decor doesn't quite fit with the formal rigor of the maîtres.... On the other hand the waiters are very friendly, unformal and quick....
    Wouldn't hurt if they played some typical french music, folklore or chansons as background mood maker.... But I won't complain because this is another favorite of Camila and mine.....
    She has the bad habit though to always order the most expensive stuff of the menu.... and last time she ordered just one glass of wine ( some 150 ml ), U$ 45.....
    Well... I love french food and Camila..... So what am I supposed to say.....? Drink, Baby, drink.....

BTW, I noticed that most of La Casseroles clientel are upper high middle class elderly couples, all dressed elegantly, slightly arrogant, nose up in the air..... even though I really couldn't find anything very special about them.... Did I overlook something...? Probably, I only look at Camila....

BTW, in 17 days it will be 5 years since we're together...... 23rd of June 2002.....

Favorite Dish: Both Camila and I are foie gras nuts... It is served warm ( Camila ) and cold ( the way I like it )...
    I also love the duck with mushroom sauce and Rösti potatoes, while Camila ordered giant shrimps over safron rice last time... she was a bit disappointed though... the portion was small ( for that price !! ), she was hungry and ate like a good girl but when she tasted my duck breast and the sauce she went : mmmmmmmmhhh!!!! and stole my plate leaving me with her shrimps... they were pretty good but didn't tickle my taste buds very much... Camila meanwhile with that special glass of wine and some pieces of excelent fresh french bread cleaned up my ex-plate sighing with bliss and delight...
    To top the pleasure I ordered Coupe Vaichiçoise ( or something like that, lol...) as dessert.
    Camila brushed off my calorie bomb until she tasted it too... Again, mmmmmmmh... but this time I held on to my Coupe... But I let her taste at will... She had actually never eaten anything like ithis...
    On top a rich portion of whipped cream, below a layer of delicious firm chocolate mousse and below that, ground floor, out of this world sweet chesnut puree made from authentic french chestnuts...

Yes...... sigh......

French cuisine on Largo do Arouche This should help to find the place Camilas day one of her new tooth braces pigging out in La Casserole (cochon casselorien?) Camila anxiously waiting for le foie gras

• ArdaCetiner's Profile Photo

Skye: For those looking for high-end restaurants...

by ArdaCetiner Written May 25, 2007

Skye sits on the top floor of Hotel Unique, a very-concept hotel near the Parque Ibirapuera. Located at the roof-top of the hotel, combined with nice-small pool, Skye offers you the best of the service, good food and a magnificent view of the park and the Avenida Paulista.

There is an exclusive outside elevator to the restaurant. They don't accept reservations for dinner for non-guests so be prepared for waiting for a table at the bar.

The place is mainly three sections. The restaurant section, located in front of a long kitchen desk. The bar is seperated from the restaurant section with a small pool-top which looks directly down to the hotel lobby (see this from the lobby though) The bar section is nice with seats and desks. They also use the pool side, I think, is the best asset of the place. Extremely nice athmosphere and good music. The DJ was playing soulfoul rythms, deep house and vocal soulful. If you like the high-end places, this might be your choice for a good night. It's worth to note that the place is more of a 25-35 place so don't expect youngsters running around.

Favorite Dish: We had sushi at the dinner bar. Try hot-sushi, where they fried-looking, warm sushi which is delicious. It's been recommended one of the waiters. I should admit, the service was excellent. I remember being served by at least 4 waiters and they tried to make sure that everything was perfect.

• Luxury Travel

Hotel Caesar SP Int. Airport
Latest: May 13, 2014
Transamerica Flat International Plaza Hotel

Instant Answers: São Paulo

Comments

São Paulo Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and São Paulo locals.
Map of São Paulo