Avenida Paulista, São Paulo

Brain phones on Paulista
    by DSwede
  • Avenida Paulista

by miromi Written Sep 7, 2002

(photo: not in Ave Paulista, but most new buildings look just like this!)

This is the main 'new downtown', one of the many new downtowns in Sao Paulo! AP is also the Wall Street of south America, with all the crazy finance and corporations located here. It was also the only ATM haven I could find in the city--I didn't even bother cashing my traveller's checks. (I had an embarrassing episode when I got stuck in a revolving bulletproof glass door and an armed security guard screamed at me in Portuguese, but Fabiola saved my butt and explained I was just a dumb tourist)

Cris, Tom's comic book drawing goddess friend, drove me around and told me how all these mammoth giant gray skyscrapers were just starting 15 years ago. all the highways and buildings sprang up so fast! just like that.

There's a most beautiful park across the street from MASP, walled and forested with pretty leafy trees and cobblestoned paths where you can eat your yummy Brasilian hot dogs.There were lots of skimpily dressed men walking around and smiling, whichI wrote off to my awful horny imagination. Later on a friend's aunt told me the park was 'horribly dangerous!' for young girls and 'full of gays!' so I guess it was a big cruising spot!

one of the guys in the park rushed up to me and squealed, 'You're filipino! I LOVE MANILA!' and gave me his phone number, which made me happy in a weird way.

• Visit the Paulista Avenue,...

by dropunder Written Aug 25, 2002

Visit the Paulista Avenue, especialy MASP(são paulo art museum). The Copan building in the city centre, the Sé Cathedral, the Ibirapuera Park, the Ipiranga Museum, the Teatro Municipal, etc
    Many museums, dozens of beautiful parks, hundreds of historicaly important buildings and an extraordinary cultural life

Instant Answers: São Paulo

Comments

Hotels Near Avenida Paulista
2.5 out of 5 stars