Stadiums, São Paulo

• Morumbi Stadium

by joecool_wp Updated May 10, 2008

Inside Stadium

Hi,

If you are travelling to Sao Paolo, do not miss come to Morumbi Stadium the home base of Sao Paolo FC. It become a crazy noisy place when Sao Paolo FC played there, you'll see how crazy Brazilian with football.
    It is very easy to go there when there is a football match, just go to the nearest train station or bus terminal, you'll find a lot of group of supporters. All you need to do is to follow them, lucky if you find some supporter that can speak english.
    I've an experience when I wanted to buy a ticket, I go to the wrong counter that is only for fans club member (we must show the member card). Luckily, I met with a young couple that speak English and they helped me buy the ticket by use their member card.

Thanks folks :) It was unforgetable moment..

rgds,
    Joecool_wp

• DrLeoLocke's Profile Photo

Morumbi stadium

by DrLeoLocke Written Sep 4, 2006

Here is one of the most famous Brazilian´s arena... morumbi..located at São Paulo, home of a soccer team called São Paulo FC, this big stadium is a stage for many games and shows (u2,Rush,Madonna...).
    You can visit it at saturdays, and also visit São Paulo FC museum. It´s free.
    you can also find a store with a lot of Sao Paulo FC team products, shirts,etc...

• bubblex's Profile Photo

standing in a queue to buy a ticket

by bubblex Written Oct 24, 2003

Very interesting thing to standing with the Brazilian. They are kind hearted and keep telling me how to buy a ticket and how to enter the play ground in Portuguese and from some of their words I guess they just think I am a Japanese.

• mmanchack's Profile Photo

I never had the opportunity,...

by mmanchack Written Aug 25, 2002

I never had the opportunity, but if you get the chance, check out a game of futebol (we Americans call it soccer) at the ENORMOUS stadium in Sao Paulo. I'm sure it's a great experience! Brazilians are huge fans of futebol!

• bubblex's Profile Photo

Football match

by bubblex Written Sep 9, 2003
    palaestra

To feel and know the Brazilian it's better to watch a football match. Even not a first class one you can also enjoy yourself very much.

• School Holidays