Know about this? Rate It!
If you are interested in doing some real amazon hiking and stick close to Manaus, you can go to some of the Islands in the Amazon side of the city (if it isnt flooded - when the river is hige these islands COMPLETELY disappear). The hike can be an hour on five and is a great day or half day trip. If you want to do a whole tour you can sing up with one of the companies at the Hotel Tropical and for 50R$ go to the meating of the waters (cool), guided hiking on an Amazon Island, and visit the opera house. The hiking is cool and guided so you will learn a lot about the amazon flura and fauna.
- Hiking and Walking
I cannot say enough about the...
I cannot say enough about the gigantes lilypads which are found only in the still waters that the local tour guides know how to get you to in their canoes.
They are, to say the least, stupendous.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
Manaus Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Sangre Grande Hotels
- Ilha de Tavira Hotels
- Sequoia National Park
- Maneadero Hotels
- New Plymouth Hotels
- Florida Off The Beaten Path
- Venice Off The Beaten Path
- Georgia Off The Beaten Path
- Boston Off The Beaten Path
- Washington State Off The Beaten Path
- Philadelphia Off The Beaten Path
- Portland Off The Beaten Path
- Key West Off The Beaten Path
- Outside Rome
- Las Vegas Off The Beaten Path
- Texas Off The Beaten Path
- Washington D.C. Off The Beaten Path