Been here? Rate It!
Favorite Dish: when ever you come across Manioka, be sure it is well cooked, like the Yam Root, it is a tuberous root, Manioka is poison in its raw stage, so it has to be prepared and cooked poperly.
you might get invited on off your beaten path journey, ask about Manioka....it is a stable food in this part of the Country,called Farofa when eaten with Black Beans.
it's also used as Laundry starch as well
I always liked the mash of Manioka, depends what it is spiced with, can look like polenta, or semolina patties, eaten with black beans....very tasty and nutritious..for a while that is. after a longer time, people are not hungry but well undernorished
- Work Abroad
- Food and Dining
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
Manaus Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Lago di Santa Croce Hotels
- Magnetic Island
- Baneswar Hotels
- Riverdale Hotels
- Naifaru Hotels
- Kota Kinabalu