Know about this?
Due to Manaus's link by boat with Colombia, drugs is a growing problem. When I spoke to soem of the people in Manaus they simply said it is part of the economy: the poor sell drugs to the poorer. There is no security on boats not on the border so drugs flow easily into Manaus. When I was here a 75 year-old grandmother was caught with 15Kilos of Cocaine. This is extemely sad and greatly increases crime in Manaus, espacially in the favelas (or slums). Be careful, drugs lead to a high crime rate.Try to avoid confrontations with drug infested areas or people, and don't even enter the drug favelas (the different color houses represents the different drugs they sell).
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
Manaus Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Alligator River National Wildlife Refuge Hotels
- Petah Tiqwa Hotels
- Mount Airy Hotels
- Lake Wylie Hotels
- Saint Pierre and Miquelon
- Varanasi Warnings and Dangers
- Safe and less than safe areas
- Columbus Warnings and Dangers
- Puerto Vallarta Warnings and Dangers
- Denver Warnings and Dangers
- Tashkent Warnings and Dangers
- Leh Warnings and Dangers
- Cambodia Warnings and Dangers
- Dar es Salaam Warnings and Dangers
- Machu Picchu Warnings and Dangers
- Windsor Warnings and Dangers
- St. Croix Warnings and Dangers