Know about this?
Stay away from the favalas (slums) in Manaus. These are durg infested, dirty, and impovished areas. Crime is huge and common in these areas. The poores favelas look like garbage dumps, the homes are on stilts to get above the flooding and to get away from all the trash and decay in the ground. Stay away from these areas.
The Favela Problem
The poor and poorer favelas, or slums (small homes on stilts), can be very dangerous. Drug dealing is common and popular amongst the poorest of the favelas. The crime rate is very high in these places. The poor sell drugs to the poorer and it is an endless chain. The different colors of falava homes represent the different types of drugs they sell. These areas are very dangerous, and I reccoment only seeing them from a far. (pictures comming soon)
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
Manaus Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Tahquamenon Falls State Park Hotels
- Pudu Ulu Hotels
- Cook Forest State Park Hotels
- Manali Hotels
- Malgrat de Mar
- Cebu City
- Pattaya Warnings and Dangers
- Istanbul Warnings and Dangers
- Dominican Republic Warnings and Dangers
- New Orleans Warnings and Dangers
- Nashville Warnings and Dangers
- Montego Bay Warnings and Dangers
- Areas to Avoid
- Angeles City Warnings and Dangers
- Puerto Rico Warnings and Dangers
- Prague Warnings and Dangers
- Karachi Warnings and Dangers