São Luís Local Customs

• Carla - OUR SOURCE OF INSPIRATION IN SÃO LUIS
    Carla - OUR SOURCE OF INSPIRATION IN SÃO...
  • Carla and the sunset - glorious combination
    Carla and the sunset - glorious...
    by marcbrazil
    My friend Carla - I adore her!

Best Rated Local Customs in São Luís

TREASURES OF SÃO LUIS

Carla, one of the jewels of Sao Luis

We have beaches, we have a very interesting historical centre as São Luis is one of the oldest cities in Maranhão State, but one of our greatest treasures are our people. The first thing you will notice when you talk with a person here will be a large smile. People like welcoming people, peaople are always ready for music and they will always talk to you with great generosity.

Our people know how to treat a visitor...We just want to make Maranhão one more very beautiful destination to all World Travellers, and I am glad to be one of the people completely prepared to introduce this NEW TOURISM FOUNDLAND.

Also that person in the picture is one of my best friends Carla, she speaks english and she is one of the people close to me. Everytime I am in São Luis we do many things to have fun, and we usually go to the beach together!

A COOL CHARACTER CALLED RAIMUNDO

by marcbrazil Updated Dec 30, 2006

Me and Raimundo in the forest of Maracana

This is Seu Raimundo, he takes care of a big land owned by a rich farmer at Maracanã area, I was visiting that region with my friend Rafael, one of the greatest brazilians I know who spend his life writing about Brazil to many visitors int he World; and we come across with this wonderful person, full of wisdon and great setences about simple life!

He knows all the area, he knows about every kind of animal. He has nograduation in the school, but for sure he is a master, and he can show you many incredible things.

Be in touch with a local in the countryside can be a wodnerful journey. São Luis has a district called Maracanã that will surprise you!

And Seu Raimundo is one of its best characters!

THREE GREAT GENERATIONS

by marcbrazil Written Oct 10, 2007

My grandma, myself and my mother in Calhau Beach

I am here in this world thanks to my grandmother, her name is Maria and she is still with us, lightining our lives with wisdon, generosity and respect, She strived hard for life and could bring up with effort her daughters and sons. Then she brought my mother to this world and she brought me up without's her husband help, but they did not care...Both my grandmother and my mother gave me everything I need to be a decent man, and I owe everything I have to these two brave women.

I AM 20 YEARS OLD..too young for many things but life made me an adult and I left my home town for the biggest challenge in my life.

During my childhood they were present in my life, and my growth was full of love, and now I am ready for a new life in RIO DE JANEIRO. Where I live with someone I love, and where I will finish all my studies and spend the rest of my life!

But now I am going to São Luis as a visitor, but everytime I am there, I must stay aroudn these women that I love, and I am pretty sure I am very loved by them.

Respect and adoration for my heritage is what I have, and this made me a complete man!!!

That was an unique time that both decided to go to the beach, and this place which gives you an unique of freedom is the CALHAU BEACH.

The picture is in black and white thanks to Rafael's photograph's talent, hehhee

THE BEST WAY TO KNOW A PLACE

by marcbrazil Written Oct 11, 2007

Me and Rafa at Mercado Municipal

Well, Right now I am beggining my life as a traveller, but my friend Rafael always tells me, going to local markets is the best way to know the customs of people. I have already goiing to the MERCADO MUNICIPAL many times but never stopped to see the details.

When you live in a city you never really know your own city, but when we have to live with such a curious fellow like Rafael, then you change your habits...hahahahah :)

Then we stopped there to see what they sell, and I realized many things about my own people that I have never thought before...

You see closer how they eat, you see what they buy, and you will see many crazy things for sure!

Rafa and I spent a great afternoon there and it is very easy to find, it is placed exactly in the main street of the Historical Centre Reviver!

HE GOT ME - AND THE PAPARAZZI WAS RAFA

Caught by Rafa, the Paparazzi

Hehehehe Rafa could not resist, since I met him, he was loved to join people with Nature, and I think he really succeeds, that was after the loads of pictures that he took with Carla, and he can sense the mood of people when they are having fun or simplying enjoying a great moment in life!

Picture taken at the same beach, Calhau!

BEAUTIES OF SÃO LUIS - CARLA - PART ONE

Carla - OUR SOURCE OF INSPIRATION IN S��O LUIS

In the beaches of Sao Luis you can easily combine human beauty and scenic landscapes, and also trying your photograph skills. When you have a source of inspiration as my friend Carla, the task gets sooo easy!!!

We choose the beach of Calhau, and endless ocean beach and maybe one of the most exclusive beaches in São Luis!

JULY 2007

The photos were taken by Rafael, I am proud to say that he is most important friend that I have, and he really enjoys travelling to whole state looking for images that help to make my land another BREATHTAKING DESTINATION in Brazil.

BEAUTIES OF SÃO LUIS - CARLA - PART THREE

by marcbrazil Written Oct 15, 2007

My friend Carla - I adore her!

Naughty smile of someone who is happy in her motherland! Great smile of innocense of such a good person like my friend Carla. My Friend Rafa knew how to catch the right moment of our best moment.

I MISS SÃO LUIS ALOT, AND BY THE PICTURES I CAN SEE HOW BEAUTIFUL MY LAND AND MY PEOPLE ARE.

MEETING WITH FRIENDS

Playing with Carla in Calhau Beach

It is always a great time when I meet Carla, we used to go out alot when I lived in São Luis, now that once in a while I am visiting the city, I really have to see her, and we have a blast. Once again Rafa could catch our best moments, and these pictures are very special to me. It reminds me great moments and also it shows you how beautiful São Luis is.

Again the picture was taken at Calhau Beach our fave beach in São Luis and the place where I recommend you to go, it is the right place for you to be with the locals and have a lunch with the best of our sea food!

PLAYING LIKE CHILDREN

Me and Carla in Calhau Beach

What I did with Carla, I used to do many years ago...The beach of Calhau is my playground...I grew up and I love doing the same. Rafael could get me exactly like I used to be when I was a child. We had heaps of fun. We were grateful with Rafa because he could make GREAT PHOTOS of simple sunday afternoon in the beach of São Luis and this is an excellent opportunity to show you how beautiful life can be when you are with your friends!

ME, MYSELF AND I IN CALHAU BEACH

A happy Marcone in Maranh��o

Heheheh I know that my space here is to share opinion about destinations and places that people visit, but in my opinion is great to people know how we live in the city, I want to share my impressions about the place I was born, and nothing better than showing to you the pictures I take with my friends and family!

Rafa more than anyone could get my very high temper when I am back to my home!

Let me explain that living in Rio just like I am doing now it a real pleasure and I do feel like home, but I was born in São Luis and I am proud about my place and all my life history!

SUNSET IN CALHAU BEACH

Simply S��o Luis

Rafa could catch the face of happiness and he was trying to get in black and white the magic of the sunset in Maranhão, it is said to be one of the most beautiful places where the sun kisses the ocean in Brazil. In fact I might show you even more photos of such a beautiful NATURE SHOW!

And this is the way that I have to show you beautiful photos and sceneries of São Luis!

BEAUTIES OF SÃO LUIS - CARLA - PART FOUR

by marcbrazil Written Oct 15, 2007

It is not a fish, it is my sweet friend Carla!

Rafael in this picture could really catch the beauty of a native woman of Maranhão, and that woman happened to be our geat friend Carla, she is a law student and we do love going to the beach together!

In São Luis you have a large selection of beaches to choose and you can have a nice time!

The whole State is famous for its fishing industry, they are all native made...fishing is an important activity not only in the capital but in the whole State.

I personally love the shrimps in my State.

BEAUTIES OF SÃO LUIS - CARLA - PART TWO

by marcbrazil Written Oct 15, 2007

Carla and the sunset - glorious combination

We had such a lovely day at Calhau Beach and Carla really enjoyed to have her top model day!;)
    Weather, the ocean and the landscape really helps to get such an impressive result!

Instant Answers: São Luís

Comments

São Luís Local Customs

Reviews and photos of São Luís local customs posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for São Luís sightseeing.