São Luís Restaurants

Me and Rafa at the charming Antigamente
    Soem nice moments at Antigamente
  • My very dear friend Rafa and I at Antigamente
    My very dear friend Rafa and I at...

Most Recent Restaurants in São Luís

ANTIGAMENTE: SINCE ANTIGAMENTE WE KEEP ON GOING THERE

My very dear friend Rafa and I at Antigamente

Antigamente means "IN THE OLD DAYS", this place has more than 100 years, it is a portuguese old house which always have been a restaurant, so I wonder that many generations are doin the same...after the whole day walking it is really pleasant to sit in front of the bar under the shades of these very old and enormous mango trees, have a cool and delicious juice and chat all afternoon.

When Rafael is in town and when I used to b there to welcome him, Antigamente was our compulsory stop which I recommend to eveybody!

MAY 2007

ANTIGAMENTE: THE BEST CHOICE IN SÃO LUIS

Soem nice moments at Antigamente

There are many restaurants in the area but you will always find something unique at Antigamente specially their buffet with incredible meals!

I usually go there with my family and friends!

The service has high quality, the waiters very friendly, but be sure that you know some key words in portuguese because none of the waiters speak english!

But for sure it is a nice stop for taking pictures, this one I took there!

MAY 2007

• marcbrazil's Profile Photo

ANTIGAMENTE: PRACTICAL CUISINE LOCAL TEST :))))

Me and Rafa at the charming Antigamente

Once visiting São Luis you will spend most of your time strolling around Reviver, the so famous historical centre, and nothing more practical than stopping in a local restaurant and have he best of local cuisine. And in Maranhão people really know how to eat..they are master in dealing with seafood and also DRY MEAT(much known here as CARNE DE SOL). The place is an old big house (casarão) full of pictures and local art crafts..during the day it stands in the main street Rua da Estrela with charming tabls on the pavement, and late in the afternoon until late at night you can have live music, and it is also a meeting point for everyone!!!

IT IS VERY COMMON TO SAY: MEET ME AT ANTIGAMENTE!

Rafael and I always stop by for some natural juice, always with exotic fruits like BACURI AND CUPUAÇU.

Favorite Dish: THEIR DISHES WITH CARNE DE SOL ARE SIMPLY DELICIOUS!!!

You should also try rice with cashue nuts, it is simplyan orgasm!

Instant Answers: São Luís

Comments

São Luís Restaurants

Reviews and photos of São Luís restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for São Luís sightseeing.