São Luís Things to Do

Best Rated Things to Do in São Luís

CALHAU BEACH WITH CARLA

by marcbrazil Written Oct 10, 2007

My wonderful friend Carla and I

The most famous beaches in São Luis can be reached in one big avenue called AVENIDA LITORANEA, and for sure Calhau is the most famous beach among the locals, the point of reference which tells you that you are in the beach is the HOTEL CALHAU, there are very nice ebach restaurants, and we would rather stay at CONCHA'S (specially in Argentina this restaurant would be really appreciated, hahaha ).

The water is warm and the ambience is full of energy!

We spent some hours with one of my greatest friends Carla, she is one of the jewels of my city!!!

SÃO LUIS IS VERY COOL, YOU CAN BE SURE OF THAT!

RUA DA ESTRELA - THE HEART OF REVIVER

by marcbrazil Written Oct 11, 2007

TOTAL HAPPINESS IN MY CITY S��O LUIS

No matter what time of the day or in the night, you have to stop there...RUA DA ESTRELA IS THE MAIN STREET OF SÃO LUIS' HISTORICAL CENTRE. The so famous REVIVER!

When we go to Reviver this is where we stop...being all surrounded by a glorious past, and see everything prserved and full of life is a real pleasure!

You should experience this atmosphere, I always recommend to any friend that I have that once visiting São Luis even your way of thinking about life will change!

JULY 2007

SÃO LUIS IS ALSO CULTURE

by marcbrazil Written Oct 10, 2007

Poly and I at Reviver

My city has one of the most important historical centre in the Nation, it is part of the UNESCO HERITAGE. São Luis was founded in 1612 by the french and fully colonized by the Portuguese, and we have both cultures in our city...old buildings in colonial style, narrow very old streets full of life, small shops, great restaurants serving you the best food of Maranhão, lots of parties every friday and the whole weekend too, music everywhere and a big variety of people having fun and ejoying life the most.

Coming back to São Luis is a everlasting great event for me!

And you should really know more about São Luis and you will find out such an unique place!

This part of the town is called REVIVER, the whole city is ina big effort to preserve its past and you will see a people proud of their history.

Last July I met my dear friend Polyana, and this tip goes to her!

PRAIA GRANDE

by marcbrazil Written Oct 16, 2007

I love walking in the city's MALECON

Beira Mar is the largest avenue in São Luis, and it is very close to Jose Sarney Bridge which connects the old part of the city where REVIVER is located and the newest part of the city which leads to the beaches outside São Marcos Bay.

You should try to walk along the pavement and watch the tydes which leaves a big part of the Bay dry as a desert, and then in the end of the afternoon the water comes. It is so fascinating!

Also from Praia Grande you can just watch the beautiful sunset of this part of the town, and it is close to the main bus station called TERMINAL DA PRAIA GRANDE.

Very close to where I am in the photo is the little ferry boat station to the impressive island of Alcantara!

JULY 2007

• RafaGoes's Profile Photo

Brasilian " Desert"

by RafaGoes Written Jun 19, 2003
    On the way to Cabure w/

At the Lencoi Maranhenses National Park you can easily find guesthouses, or pousadas as we call it, and camping is also ok, cos it's allowed and free... By the time i was there i noticed something very funny...all things happens in the early morning untill 11 and them just after 4 pm, between this, its soo hot that nobody can do anything else excet chill out and take a good nap in their hammock...of course, wtih coconut and sea breeze !

• Beaches

Instant Answers: São Luís

Comments

São Luís Things to Do

Reviews and photos of São Luís things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for São Luís sightseeing.