Ilha do Algodoal Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Ilha do Algodoal

Mata Broca: Grilled Fish Right on the Beach

by mircaskirca Updated Apr 9, 2008

That day I wanted to stay only on Princess beach. I walked the whole beach and really enjoyed it! It was already a lunch time so I decided to start looking for a nice place to eat. There are several simple restaurants (stilted framehouses) that serve food and drink. I've chosen Mata Broca.

Later in the evening, it was actually a Christmas eve, I strolled the streets of Algodoal village. I was dying for something sweet when I hit on another Mata Broca!! The owner was quite surprised to see me for the second time that very day and so was I. And guess what? He offered me a piece of very delicious Christmas chocolate cake made by his wife. Yeah, he really made my Christmas :))

Favorite Dish: I had grilled fish accompanied by rice, beans, farofa (toasted manioc flour) and lime and the portion was huge!!

• Eco-Tourism
    • Beaches

Bar Errac: Simple Local Food

by mircaskirca Updated Apr 9, 2008

It was about midday when we arrived to Fortalezinha village and Marcelo first showed me around the village. As I was becoming hungry he brought me to the local bar, owned by his friend. The place is simple and very pleasant. It is located by the sea, surrounded with tropical trees. Most people come there for a drink. The owner was really friendly; we had a long conversation about the life in out-of-the-way village and about the Europe.

Favorite Dish: There wasn't much choice of food. I was offered fried fish. I asked if she could made grilled fish and she prepared it for me. The meal was accompanied by rice, lime and piquant supplement made of tomato, pepper, coriander and vinegar. Simple and tasty! And everything for less than 3 U$!

We shared a couple of beers and then we continued the adventure, hiking to the beautiful deserted beach to see various bird species...

• Eco-Tourism
    • Beer Tasting

Estrela Sol: Sea Food Typical of the Island

by mircaskirca Updated Apr 9, 2008

On the night of my arrival to the island and after a long journey I was actually too tired to search for any other restaurant. So I decided to dine at the restaurant of the pousada where I was staying.

Favorite Dish: I had grilled fish (which was in fact hard to get because they are used to fried one, but they prepared it specially for me as the owner wanted to please me - that was very nice from him!) accompanied by rice, spaghetti (hum... what an usual combination they made!), mixed salad, beans, farofa (toasted manioc flour) and lime.

I rinsed everything with several caipirinhas. Well... there were actually too many of them:)) But I certainly had a very good reason to celebrate as it was my first night in this paradise!!

Instant Answers: Ilha do Algodoal

Comments

Ilha do Algodoal Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Ilha do Algodoal restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Ilha do Algodoal sightseeing.

View all Ilha do Algodoal hotels