Santarém Restaurants

• Restaurants
    by mircaskirca
  • Restaurants
    by mircaskirca
    The lower Amazon is cattle country.
    by melosh

Most Recent Restaurants in Santarém

• mircaskirca's Profile Photo

Mascote: A Long-standing Tradition

by mircaskirca Updated Mar 6, 2008

Over 50 years it has been one of the most popular and famous restaurants in town. The palm-lined outside seating next to Praca do Pescador has a good view of the river Tapajos.

The menu includes everything from sandwiches, pizzas, chicken, steaks and fish (tucunare and pirarucu are excelent!). All-you-can-eat lunch buffet is a good option, tasty and cheap.

The fact that I was in the middle of the Amazon where fish was in abundance... well, the choise for my dinner wasn't too difficult. I had tucunare (peacock bass, one of the best fishes from the Amazon) with the local vegetable. Delicious!! I washed a meal down with my favourite Brazilian drink, caipirinha :)

There is regular live music on weekends when the place becomes a spot for a late night drink.

• Music

• melosh's Profile Photo

I am sure it has a name, but I don't know it.: Looking for a Brazilian steak house

by melosh Updated Sep 27, 2006
    The lower Amazon is cattle country.

Imagine my disappointment when I found that the churrscaria listed in Lonely Planet was closed. I was in the mood to pig out on Brazilian beef. I had been thinking about doing this during my boat trip to Santerem as I saw cattle feeding along the river. Even seeing this working cow brought the idea of some good barbeque to mind. Wandering around the city I eventually found a popular open air rodizio that did not disappoint.

Favorite Dish: After I ate my fill of roasted beef, I really enjoyed the roasted pineapple with cinnamon.

• mircaskirca's Profile Photo

Nido: Delicious Home Made Ice Cream

by mircaskirca Updated Jul 7, 2007

For delicious home made ice cream using regional fruit, go to Nido! Try the castanha, the best brazil nut ice cream you'll ever have! Tapioca, graviola, acai and bacuri are also excellent!

Instant Answers: Santarém

Comments

Santarém Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Santarém restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Santarém sightseeing.