Antonina Travel Guide

Antonina Transportation

• lichinga's Profile Photo
    The old railway station

by lichinga Written Feb 1, 2003

It's not difficut to reach Antonina, from Curitiba, by bus, It will take you about one hour, but there's a special route which is particularly worth going by: the so-called "rota da Graciosa". The Serra da Graciosa (Graciosa Range) is a wonderful piece of residual Atlantic Rainforest, which is crossed throughan ancient winding road, which is said to have been nuilt following the original path of the Jesuits. You can still walk along the Jesuits's route, by foot. In the case you are interested in mountain climbing, lots of people enjoy the Pico Marumbi, right on the way from Curitiba down to the sea.

Antonina Local Customs

• VdV's Profile Photo
    Name of a song is displayed under the address

by VdV Updated Dec 19, 2005

In my second brief visit to Antonina, I noticed that some homes had little decorative plaques near their addresses. I asked our guide what these plaques were for, and he described to me what sounded like a beautiful custom (and which I hope to return to Antonina to witness some day.)

He said that on the last Saturday evening of each month, a band of musicians (followed by neighbors and anyone else willing to join in) stroll up and down the streets of the town. Some homes have a special decorative plaque displayed on its facade with the name of a song. When the musicians come upon a home with a plaque, they stop in front of the home and sing the song that is named on the plaque.

Kind of like caroling around the neighborhood, but all year-round! If anyone else has witnessed this, please share your observations with us!

Obrigada!

• Music

Antonina Favorites

• lichinga's Profile Photo
    The Theatre

by lichinga Written Feb 1, 2003

Favorite thing: A theathre, a peaceful park beside the sea, a nice (unutilised) railway station and a pictoresque hotel are the main spots in the town.

Instant Answers: Antonina

Comments

Antonina Travel Guide
Map of Antonina