Foz do Iguaçu Transportation

by ATXtraveler
    by ATXtraveler

Most Recent Transportation in Foz do Iguaçu

• Assenczo's Profile Photo

Buses can be tourist attractions too!

by Assenczo Written Sep 3, 2005

Notice the controler's setup

Perfect mode of transportation for in or around Foz. Comfortable(exept during rush hour) cheap and culturally interesting.
    I used buses to go to the falls, the monument of the tres fronteras and the Itaipu dam. I have not been sorry even for a second.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo

The Border Crossing

by Bwana_Brown Updated Jun 10, 2005

Crossing Rio Iguazu into Argentina (left)

To get back and forth between Puerto Iguazu and Foz do Iguacu you do not have to travel far. The photo shows one of our crossings over the Rio Iguazu on the modern Tancredo Neves International Bridge.

As far as the tours were concerned, once the bus driver picked us up from our hotel, they wanted passports and then wrote various details of all the passengers on a sheet of paper. On arrival at the Brazil border post near the bridge, the driver would head off into the building with his piece of paper and the passports. A short time later, he would return with our documents and away we went, never having actually shown our faces to the Brazilian authorities.

Check for Visa requirements though. Brazil has a tit-for-tat policy of requiring them if your country requires them to get one. In my case, due to a little spat between Canada and Brazil over aircraft manufacturing subsidies, before leaving on our trip I had to get my first visa (US$80) since going to Egypt in 1974.

• benazer's Profile Photo

Small train to falls.

by benazer Updated Mar 30, 2005

Train is full

You get on one of this trains to reach the falls unless you like to take a long walk through the jungle,it is run very effectively and takes about 15 minutes to reach very close to falls,from the train I seen few people walking they did not look tired maybe next time I will take a walk too because no smoking is allowed on the train...

• Theme Park Trips

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo

Mini-Bus Tour

by Bwana_Brown Updated Mar 1, 2005

Cuenca Tours Mini-Bus

Our excursion to Foz do Iguacu was actually a bit of a joint mistake between us and our tour company, Cuenca del Plata. We had pre-booked a tour of the Argentine-side of Iguazu Falls for our first day-trip and were waiting outside our hotel at 8:15 AM as indicated on our ticket from Cuenca. One of their big tour busses pulled up, but the door did not open and the staff remained inside talking among themselves. Very soon afterward, the smaller bus you see here pulled in and the driver came over to us and said something in Spanish that we did not understand. I handed him our ticket which said 'Argentine-side tour' for this date. He seemed happy enough and waved us into the van.

I began to think that things were going funny when we immediately crossed over into Brazil, but we at least turned for the Brazil-side of Iguasu Falls after clearing Immigration. However, it was only a short drive to pick up some more Spanish-speaking passengers before we then turned to head toward Foz and onward to Itaipu Dam! Oh well, we were along for the ride now! It was only near noon while we were waiting in downtown Foz that the driver gestured to see my ticket again and realized what was going on.

Arrangements were made to finally get us to the Argentine-side of Iguazu by 2 PM in the afternoon. It is a good thing my motto is 'Don't Sweat the Small Stuff'. The morning had been interesting in it's own way! Overall, Cuenca del Plata did a great job, except for this little mix-up.

• chris_i79's Profile Photo

Private van

by chris_i79 Written Jul 6, 2004

If you are looking for a private transportation option than contact Jose Chelest. I have used his services twice and can say he makes it very easy to get around. He took me to the Argentine side of the falls, Brazilian side as well as Itaipu dam tour. Rates are neg.

Helicopter!!

by acemj Updated Oct 26, 2003

For around $60 US, you can get one of the best views of the waterfalls by flying over them in a modern, quiet helicopter. These helicopters have been somewhat controversial over the years. In fact, UNESCO at one time threatened to remove their World Heritage Site designation from the national park because of them. It seems the noise from the helicopters is disruptive to the natural environment, but recently the company that operates the flights, Helisul has upgraded their fleet to much quieter machines.

Taxi

by acemj Updated Oct 26, 2003

All around town particularly near the hotels, you'll see taxi stands ( pontos ). You can get anywhere within downtown for less than 5 reais, but for longer trips be sure you have an idea about how much it should cost, because like taxi drivers all over the world, not all of them are honest.

Buses

by acemj Updated Oct 26, 2003

During my trip I often thought to myself that most Americans (by that, I'm referring to people from the US) seem to have enough money but never enough time and that in South America most of the time the opposite is often true. So, while taking the bus is certainly a better option, since my time was limited here I often settled for a cab.

The Terminal Urbana is the main bus station and it's located on Avenida Juscelino Kubitschek (on the Rio Parana side of town). From here you can catch buses to Itaipu, the airport, Puerto Iguazu, Ciudad del Este and, of course, the waterfalls. The buses for the falls are marked Cataratas and run every 20 minutes. You'll pay less than a buck.

Aeroporto Internacional Foz do Iguacu

by acemj Updated Oct 26, 2003

The airport is located about 20 minutes outside of downtown Foz do Iguacu. It's a small one runway operation but it has a cafe, a souvenir shop, tourist information and good transportation connections. A cab will cost you between 25 and 40 reais depending on exactly where your hotel is in downtown. The public bus will be less than a buck, but will take closer to 40 minutes and will drop you off at the downtown bus terminal.

• euzkadi's Profile Photo

Bus or taxi.

by euzkadi Written Apr 24, 2006

There are buses leaving Foz every hour to the waterfalls, we took the bus to the main entrance and came back by taxi.

• Maillekeul's Profile Photo

Leaving by plane

by Maillekeul Written Dec 25, 2003

By the wet window... Par le hublot mouille...

Take a plane early in the morning and enjoy the sunrise...

Prenez l'avion le matin tres tot et profitez du lever de soleil...

Instant Answers: Foz do Iguaçu

Comments

Foz do Iguaçu Transportation

Reviews and photos of Foz do Iguaçu transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Foz do Iguaçu sightseeing.

View all Foz do Iguaçu hotels