Bùzios Tourist Traps

Street of Buzios
    by besbel
    I finally found a bikini for me!!!!!
    by Aquamantos

Best Rated Tourist Traps in Bùzios

• besbel's Profile Photo

If not crazy about beaches, Buzios could be a trap

by besbel Updated Jan 19, 2004

Street of Buzios

Buzios is the best spot in the world if you are mad about beaches and want to spend some days far away from the world. However, if you are going not for the beaches but for other reasons, then I recommend you to think twice before coming.
    I loved Buzios, but I admit it may be hard for someone who desn't want heavy rains even in summer, and with hot weather that changes suddenly to coldness. The shopping, restaurant and disco offer is limited to Rua das Pedras, so it could be a repetitive place after one week or two frequenting the same spots. Besides, to get around an own vehicle is mandatory. Finally, mosquitoes, ants and spiders, very typical of Buzios, although no big deal to me, could be harder to manage for someone not used to it.

Unique Suggestions: Go to the beach! You have 24 beaches to enjoy!

• Adventure Travel
    • Eco-Tourism
    • Beaches

• Aquamantos's Profile Photo

Tiny Bikinis

by Aquamantos Updated Apr 24, 2003

I finally found a bikini for me!!!!!

I didn't bring any swimsuit to Búzios hoping to find a nice one there........but the thing is that Brazilian girls wear TINY bikinis!!!!!!!!, you won't believe when you go searching for one.........I was almost frustrated......till I found the store "Lenny".....there, I finally bought the perfect bikini for "my" body. I was so happy that a friend of mine took this pic of me getting out of the store.

Unique Suggestions: Bring your own swimsuit dear!!

Fun Alternatives: Unless you can find a swimsuit that fits you and makes you feel comfy ;o)

• Women's Travel

• rkearns's Profile Photo

Video of your adventure

by rkearns Written Jan 12, 2009

I leave this tip in any section that covers a recreational destination. I fell for this trap once and that was all it took.
    I was offered a video of my trip, and although you pay for the VHS tape (yeah, who has a VCR these days?), you will not be featured much. There is one tape being made during the entire adventure. When you get home and see the tape, you will first have about 1/2 hr to 45 minutes of outdated (80's) informational video about Brazil (not the specific area you are traveling), and then with a water-covered lens, you will see the other people on your boat, other people diving, eating, talking, fatted bodies rubbing tanning oil on each other, etc. Then toward the end, when you decided to say "ok" when they offered you a video of the trip, you will see about 60 seconds of footage of you saying "hello" into the camera. TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY
    ....but laughable.

If you DO decide to buy a tape, a. make sure you have a VCR, b. make sure you are the star of the show. I can't advise on what to do about the cheesy T and A shots in the first half hour of the tape. It's just your run of the mill 3rd world technology.

Instant Answers: Bùzios

Comments

Bùzios Tourist Traps

Reviews and photos of Bùzios tourist traps posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bùzios sightseeing.