Petrópolis Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Petrópolis

• b1bob's Profile Photo

Las Delicias: Aptly named "The Delight"

by b1bob Updated Jan 17, 2011

Las Delicias

Alexandre and I went to Las Delicias the first time on Saturday 22 December. If I didn't know better, just from the outside, I would have guessed we were going over to somebody's house for lunch that day. It is a self-service restaurant in town. I had some chicken, beets, fried potatoes, black beans and rice with Guaraná close at hand.

On New Year's Eve, we again took lunch here. They must not get too many American tourists in Petrópolis because the staff remembered me from earlier. I also think the waitress kind of liked me.

Favorite Dish: I had some broccoli soufflé, beets, black beans and rice, and a chicken-turkey hybrid I call "churkey" but the Brazilians call "chester".

• Restaurante Olivinho: Steaks, seafood, Pasta, Salad and Drinks

by petropolitano Written Jul 16, 2010

Olivinho is a traditional Petropolis' Restaurant. Presenting an international menu, customers can choose from seafood and steaks to salad and pasta. Every Saturday also serves a magnificent Feijoada, to be degusted with the authentic Brazilian Caipirinha. Olivinho has a huge variety of drinks: International Wines, Whisky, Beer, and dozen of others kinds of drinks.

Favorite Dish: Steak au Poivre

• elsadran's Profile Photo

Restaurante Tradicão Mineira

by elsadran Updated Mar 4, 2009

Restaurante Tradic��o Mineira

This was one of the best self-service restaurants I have been to. The room is large and air conditioned, the savors are excellent. Everything I tasted was worthy of a bite. The barbecue sent wonderful odours in the air and the service is very good. The decoration is nice ,too.
    It is extremely popular with locals and tourists as well. And it's cheap.
    Prices are 18R$ per kilo between 11:00 and 12:00/ 14:00 and 16:00. In peak hours, 12:00 to 14:00, food costs 20R$, and 24R$ on weekends and holidays. Chinese food is at 38R$
    They cook more than 60 different dishes every day. There are delicious local traditional recipes, salads, pastas, seafood, Japanese food, sweets and icecream.
    The sausages, the bean dishes, and the meat dishes cooked in the casserole are some of the specialties. They are delicious!
    Open from 11 am until 16:00. Closed on Saturdays.

The second one which is not so large and bright, but it keeps the tradition in savor and quality. It is near the Old Bus Station. Rua do Imperador, 148 (24)2242-5592

Click on the photo to see the food!!!

• elsadran's Profile Photo

Small eateries..

by elsadran Updated Mar 3, 2009

There are simple small eateries which function as a night refuge when everything is closed and you are really hungry. These are popular with simple local people. I found them very picturesque and very cheap, too. They have a bar for the ...thirsty ones and serve local food in big quantities. Ask them about the size of the dish because sometimes it is good for two.

Look at the photos!

• Alless's Profile Photo

Casa do Alemão - "German House ": German snacks

by Alless Written Mar 3, 2008

Located in the city entrance, Casa do Alemão , one house with german architecture style,you can find delicious german snaks like "croquetes de carne","sanduiche de linguiça", "salsicha vianense", etc.

• faeriegal's Profile Photo

Luigi's: Good Italian Restaurant Downtown Petropolis

by faeriegal Written Jan 28, 2008

They had a large antipasto buffet where you can buy food by the kilo, plus a good sit down Italian menu. Ask for a menu in English which is super helpful since we don't speak Portuguese. We had pasta and gnocci which was fine. I really enjoyed the assortment of antipasto especially the many eggplant dishes. Three of us ate the antipasto plus 2 pasta meals and a bottle of wine. The meal came to approx. US$50 which is a great deal.

Favorite Dish: Grilled Eggplant antipasto

• Business Travel

• jeffjun's Profile Photo

O Paladar: Like Home Cooked Meal

by jeffjun Updated Sep 2, 2005

O Paladar restaurant was located in the Liberty Gardens near the Catholic University of Petropolis, which was where the tour bus stopped during the lunch time. This cozy restaurant served a variety of local food in the buffet style. They had chicken, beef, pork, fish, rice, salad, and others. I had two plates full of food, which I washed down with a Brazilian beer. It's was great lunch.

• besbel's Profile Photo

Biscoitos e Doces Estrela Guia: For the Perfect Dessert :)

by besbel Updated Dec 29, 2003

Doces Estrela Guia

After touring Petrópolis for the whole morning and having a delicious lunch at O Paladar, Estrela Guia (located in Liberty Gardens as well as O Paladar) was the perfect choice to have a little dessert. I loved the hot chocolate (proper for the coldness) but you can also find coffee and liquors. When buying your chocolate, they will also give you for free a personal dish with cookies and pastries. I really liked it :)
    Estrela Guia also sells some souvenirs from Petrópolis, but actually I preferred the ones in stores nearby and those of Praça Expedicionários.

Favorite Dish: Hot, delicious chocolate to face the coldness of August :-)

• b1bob's Profile Photo

Churrascaria Galope: Churrascaria Galope

by b1bob Updated Nov 4, 2003

Churrascaria Galope

A Churrascaria is a Brazilian barbecue restaurant. For my friends from North Carolina and Texas, this isn't anything like you've seen in Charlotte or Dallas. First, they give you a plate and you go to a self-serve bar to put on all kinds of side dishes. Then the waiters come by to offer all kinds of meat- chicken, ox, pork, beef and one or two other things I might have left out for folks to take or refuse. They have a card on the table. On the green side, it is green and says "Yes, please" and the red side says, "No thank you". I loaded my plate with all kinds of side dishes including those little-bitty quail eggs, tabouli, all kinds of rice, potatoes, and farofa (manioc flour browned in butter and oil- it tastes like saw dust). They offered and I took chicken, sausage, roasted ox, and chicken hearts together with all the abovementioned side dishes. I washed all that down with some Guaraná. I love it, but it does sure enough make you burp. I didn't get any dessert, but Alexandre and Flávia had a fried banana. Food was the 4-letter "f" word. I couldn't envision myself eating anything before my next birthday.

Favorite Dish: Anything that wouldn't eat me first.

• Alless's Profile Photo

Casa D'angelo: Good tea house, Traditional restaurant

by Alless Written Mar 3, 2008

This is a traditional tea house, since 1924, located at "Avenida do Imperador" (Main avenue of city), there you can find snacks, at night soups, weekends with music on live for lunch and dinner.

Instant Answers: Petrópolis

Comments

Petrópolis Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Petrópolis restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Petrópolis sightseeing.