Cafe Cultural Sacrilegio, Rio de Janeiro

Know about this? Rate It!

• melosh's Profile Photo

Cafe Cultural Sacrilegio: Nighttime Brazilian Music

by melosh Updated Apr 4, 2011

Good music, casual atmosphere, good service, fair prices and a chance to dance. The music program varies daily. When we went on a Saturaday they had Samba, choro, MPB and forro. People were very friendly and the level of intoxication reasonable. As far as I could tell we were the only non-Brazilian tourists. We chose this place based on the recommendation VT member from Rio.

For me one of the special moments was when one of the groups played their popular hit and I recognized it from my listening to Brazilian radio over the internet. I bought their CD and had the band members sign it for me.

Dress Code: Casual to slightly dressup.

• racheljapi's Profile Photo

Cafe Cultural Sacrilegio: Cool Bar with live music

by racheljapi Written Dec 16, 2004

This was a very cool place. I went on a Wednesday and it was still going off. By going off I mean live music, people dancing, and a lot of socializing (although I wouldn't say it was packed full). You have two choices for seating in this bar. You can sit inside where it's warmer and more smoky but you can watch the band and the people dancing or you can sit outside where it's cooler (temperature wise), less smoky, where you hear the band perfectly. I'm guessing you can tell I chose outside. lol.

Dress Code: Casual but not too casual. While it is in Lapa, the 12 reais cover (live music) made for a slightly different crowd. Wear your nice jeans and a cool top. Tennis shoes are fine. I do recommend this place because of the atmosphere and the people who were there. Make sure to call before hand to see if there is music the night you are going.

If you have a large party you can also call and make reservations.

Instant Answers: Rio de Janeiro

Comments

View all Rio de Janeiro hotels