Botequim, Rio de Janeiro

4.5 out of 5 stars 4 Reviews

At the bar (of course)
    by sunlovey
    The moqueca of my dreams...
    by slarnach
    botequim informal - rio de janeiro
    by dvideira
  • slarnach's Profile Photo

Botequim: The best restaurant in Rio!

by slarnach Written Dec 30, 2005

The best place for local specialities, and true old school service, really the most delightful staff. It's in a residential part of the city - I think we were the only tourists both times we went.
    The price was very reasonable.

Favorite Dish: On Saturdays Brazilians eat feijoada, the most delicious pork dish you will ever eat. I don't really like pork and it blew my mind. Botequim make feijoada to die for. I am salivating writing this.

The moqueca of my dreams...

• sunlovey's Profile Photo

Botequim Empório Informal: Great lively atmosphere, good food & drinks

by sunlovey Written May 4, 2005

Just bustling with young, attractive locals and such. We came here with Brazilian friends. Tons of outdoor seating and a nice LITTLE bar inside.

Of course we started with caipirinhas, of course! (At the bar, while waiting for a table for ages, no worries.)

Tim tipped me off on this cool little tapas selection inside- tons of tiny chilled white containers full of delectable little treats. I don't think it was on the menu? I ordered from the selection inside and they brought it to our table.

Favorite Dish: We had two completely decadent sizzling dishes of food, both came in cast iron skillets. One was meat and tons of cheese and fried yuca on top, the other was the same but with chicken. Plus my concoction of tapas-type food - it was a feast for the four of us.

Let's see my platter of tasty treats contained ricotta wrapped in thinly sliced eggplant, ***ake mushrooms wrapped in thinly sliced eggplant, some sort of extremely tangy cheese with sundried tomatos inside it, hearts of palm and artichoke hearts. there were AT LEAST 20 other things to choose from too.

At the bar (of course)

• racheljapi's Profile Photo

Botequim: Great Caipirinha and food

by racheljapi Updated Dec 21, 2004

The restaurant is smaller and quainter then many. It has a small back patio where smoking is allowed and an indoor section with air conditioning and no smoking.

The atmosphere is also amazing. It's a mix of friends getting together and lovers. It's a bit of an older scene so if you want some place to get drunk and loud don't go there (unless you reserve the upstairs patio out back).

Favorite Dish: I LOVE the Caldinho de Feijao (the sauce from the beans) and Provolonia a milanesa (It's fried Provolone.)

Plus you have to have a Caipirinha. It's one of the best you can find.

One last tip for food, you can basically get anything and be happy, the food is amazing.

• dvideira's Profile Photo

Botequim Informal: Leblon - Great cachaças and caipirinhas

by dvideira Written Jul 19, 2004

( please, do not mind ....the pics in here are kind of blurred. they were taken with no flash and a tripod would have been used and, after going out of Academia da Cachaça you would not expect my hands to be THAT firm, would you ? ) :o)

botequim informal - rio de janeiro

Instant Answers: Rio de Janeiro

Comments

Hotels Near Botequim
3.5 out of 5 stars