Cafeína, Rio de Janeiro

• Cafeína
    by marcbrazil
    Cozy isn't it?
    by sunlovey
    That is me at Cafeina in Leblon!
    by marcbrazil
  • sunlovey's Profile Photo

Cafeina: Steps from Ipanema's beach, fantastic sandwiches

by sunlovey Updated Apr 4, 2011

Cozy isn't it?

This was the first place I ate anything in Rio. We were in Ipanema and stumbled upon this completely cute little cafe with an appetizing menu. The staff was so friendly despite not speaking English. Tim ordered café there and said it was top notch.

I had such a good sandwich... as did Tim. We didn't even let ourselves LOOK at the bakery items and various cheeses they had behind ample glassfront containers. This Cafeina location is two stories with outdoor and balcony-type seating.

Favorite Dish: My sandwich- called Blanquet, cost $12.50 real (about $5 US dollars), was seasoned ricotta cheese, turkey breast, arugula and extra virgin olive oil on focaccia. It came with a nice little dipping sauce that I couldn't identify but enjoyed.

TIm had Salame, gouda, baby greens and olive oil on focaccia as well, also for 12.50.

Coffee was like 2 or 3 reals.

• marcbrazil's Profile Photo

CAFEINA LEBLON: CANDIES PARADISE

by marcbrazil Written Nov 4, 2007

If you are a candy freak...maybe Cafeina is the right place for you....delites for all taste...delicous candies, plus incredible food, all very healthy, and it is one of the best places in Rio to have something to eat fastly.

Favorite Dish: You will never regreat to seat at Cafeina, the chance to meet beautiful local people and lots of cool folks with large smils in the face!

• marcbrazil's Profile Photo

CAFEÍNA: LEBLON IS THE PLACE

by marcbrazil Written Nov 4, 2007

That is me at Cafeina in Leblon!

There are 5 Cafeina places in the famous neighborhoods of Copacabana, Ipanema and Leblon. I usually go there and I prefer going to Cafeina in Leblon, because this is the place where you can several option of entertainmentssuch as very popular bars specially in the area of Ataulfo de Paiva Avenue with the streets Rita Ludolf and Aristides Spindola!

I often go there with my friends!

NOVEMBER 2007

• KAKI3152's Profile Photo

Cafe Cafeina: Best Breakfast

by KAKI3152 Updated Mar 24, 2007

Cafe Cafeina-- Rua Rita Ludolf and Avenisa Ataulfo de Paiva--Leblon
    This was one of my three favorite places for breakfast during the two weeks I was in Rio.
    It's located in a quiet corner of Leblon with plenty of outside seating. The tables can be cramped,but ths is typical of attempts to maximize the available space for their customers.
    Believe it or not,when I was taking a taxi, the taxi driver asked me how I had heard about CAfe Cafeina, which he said was was one of the best breakfast places in Ipanema/Leblon.
    The best deal is the breakfast special which comes with an amazing amount of food. You get:
    a fruit juice, coffee, yogurt, granola, a scrambled egg, fresh fruit, bread/rolls, ham, cheese,jelly, and something else I can't recall.
    Its quite a lot of food for breakfast.Afterwards, you an stroll down Ataulfo de Paiva to walk the food off. I walked to the site of my old high school which was nearby. (the old American School of Rio de Janeiro) The site is now a huge apartment building. Brought a lot of memories.

• cariocagirl's Profile Photo

Cafeina: Cafeina Best Coffee and Pastries

by cariocagirl Written Oct 8, 2005

I happened to stumble upon this place on my way to the beach. They serve breakfast in the morning. You can get sandwiches, pastries and the best cappachino ever! Service was friendly. They also have the best chocolate crossaints. Prices are reasonable. The goods are baked fresh every day. Yeh you can get a roll, donut and coffee at the local bakery for one reias but you've got to try this place its worth it!

• JohannSouthAfrica's Profile Photo

Caffeina: Worlds best Coffee

by JohannSouthAfrica Written Oct 24, 2004

The ambience of these chain coffee stores are brilliant.They have the best coffee i have ever tasted.They also bring it to you almost in these expresso sized mugs.A place youy have to go drink coffee at when in Rio.

• JohannSouthAfrica's Profile Photo

Caffeina: Worlds best Coffee

by JohannSouthAfrica Written Oct 24, 2004

Instant Answers: Rio de Janeiro

Comments

View all Rio de Janeiro hotels