Mio, Rio de Janeiro

by uvaspy
  • Mio
    by windoweb
  • uvaspy's Profile Photo

Mio: not worth the money

by uvaspy Updated Jan 28, 2005
    Outside of Mio

Bleh, thinking about this place sours me. This is a very trendy and nicely decorated restaurant with a lot of good-looking people. I saw this and decided to try it right before I left for the airport. We went here at around 3 PM, so maybe the bad time in day contributed to my experience.

The place was empty of course but the staff was off putting. We sat in the sunroom area near the front of the door. The waiters stood right by our table, looking out the window and doting on some important customers sitting by us. I do not like it at all when waiters stand idlely right within three feet of me while I eat. We did not get a menu until over 20 minutes.

A tip: never order anything that is a specialty from where you live, you will be disappointed. I live near the Chesapeake area so my standards of raw oysters are very high. Their oysters did not taste good and were very, very, very salty. The oyster liquor wasn't there.

If you have an urge to try "Brazilian" lobster when you have had Maine lobster in the states, you will be disappointed. This Brazilian lobster looked like small tiny puny purple shrimp that was tasteless and mushy. Bleh

This was quite expensive and a let down.

Favorite Dish: They provided pate with the standard appetizer cover meal (cheese, bread, meats, olives, etc).

• windoweb's Profile Photo

Mio Restaurant. It was an...

by windoweb Updated Aug 25, 2002

Mio Restaurant. It was an Italian restaurant but we had seafood. The course consisted of Octopus, Calamari, Shrimp, Red Fish and Lobster. For dessert we had raspberry flambeau.

Instant Answers: Rio de Janeiro

Comments

View all Rio de Janeiro hotels