Arco do Teles, Rio de Janeiro

• draguza's Profile Photo

Arco dos Telles & OLD RIO

by draguza Written Jun 12, 2011

Arco dos Telles

One of my favorite tours is a simple stroll in the old part of Rio's Downtown, you can walk through very historical narrow streets of Arco dos Telles and see many architecture styles from the 3 different periods of brazilian history: THE COLONIAL TIMES, THE PORTUGUESE KINGDON, THE BRAZILIAN EMPIRE AND THE RECENT YEARS OF OUR REPUBLIC!

• Architecture

A SUNDAY MORNING WALKING

by RafaelTheSecond Written May 23, 2006

A trip to the past, I love my city by RS

I did that last sunday with a very good friend of mine rodrigo, he lives in São paulo, now he is spending sometime with us here in Rio during his Tourism School, and I took him to a trip to our past and glorious history, this place is called LARGO DO TELLES, these are one of the oldest streets of the city, they have almost 300 hundred years, just for you to make an idea, exactly in this street, the famous Carmen Miranda were born!

May 2006

STEP ON HISTORY

by RafaelTheSecond Written Aug 20, 2005

The Malta crew in the Arco dos Telles

Take one day and go to the city centre, there are lots to do there, frist go to the Arco dos Telles, that little district has the oldest streets of Rio and you will see a different world and experience how was Rio about 300 years ago!!!!

The portuguese made history here, and me and my maltese crew made history here as well!

Michelle, Dru, Leon, Greta, Karen and John and finally myself in the narrow streets of Telles!;)

ARCO DOS TELLES

by RafaelTheSecond Written Aug 19, 2005

Arco dos Telles by RTL

Here it is a place where Rio is more Rio, where single cariocas have lunch in very old bars. Thought that path you can see how Rio looked like some centuries ago, the first streets of Rio are still there! I brought my american friends Allan, Judy and their lovely daughter Dana for one day in Rio that nobody usually goes, and we had a great time!

August 18th, 2005

• dargains's Profile Photo

Praca XV

by dargains Written Mar 6, 2004

Local que abriga perto do centro muitos pontos turisticos, como o Paco Imperial, o Convento das Carmelitas e o Arco do Teles, esta praca e na verdade um aterro. La tambem estao localizadas, as Estacoes das Barcas para Niteroi e Paqueta.

Location near downtown with lots of places you can´t miss, like Paco Imperial and Arcos do Teles, in Praca XV is where, you can take the Ferry, up to Niteroi or Paqueta

Instant Answers: Rio de Janeiro

Comments

View all Rio de Janeiro hotels