Hang Gliding in Rio, Rio de Janeiro

• dargains's Profile Photo

Asa Delta - Pedra Bonita - Hang Gliding

by dargains Written Mar 6, 2004

E uma das coisas mais incriveis se pode fazer no Rio, um voo duplo de Asa Delta partindo da Pedra Bonita. Custa em torno de R$ 200,00

One of the most amazaing activities you can do in Rio, a double paraglading or hangglading flight, it costs about U$ 70

• chris_i79's Profile Photo

Hang Gliding over Rio

by chris_i79 Updated Mar 20, 2004

What a flight

This is a once in a lifetime opportunity that you have to do. Flying through the air and looking down at Rio is something I will always remember. If you are interested the cost is $80 US (plus 15$ for pics.....but you have to get them). Ask for the pilot Mosquito, he has been flying for 25 years and has over 1000 leaps of experience in Rio alone. These are the same people who were involved in organizing the jump when the Amazing Race was in Rio (TV show).

Look at the jumping travelogue for some pictures from my memorable flight over Rio!

• bsfreeloader's Profile Photo

Hang-Gliding Above Rio

by bsfreeloader Updated Jul 19, 2006

The views of Rio from the Christ and Sugarloaf are spectacular, but they are even better from a hang-glider. I went hang-gliding with a guy nicknamed "Mosquito" - he was quite the character. I was with 2 Australian girls who negotiated us a three-person discount. After agreeing to the deal, Moquito commented that, "My dad warned me about beautiful girls like you. First they take your heart, and then they take your money." He then proceeded to tell us that he would show us that he was as good a hang-gliding pilot as the girls were negotiators and instructed, "Today, you will learn why the bird sings." Being a gentlemen, I allowed the girls to go first, which worked out great. By the time my turn came, the clouds had burned off and the wind had picked up, allowing for better views and more air time. The Christ, Sugarloaf, and all the beaches were easily seen, and I was in the air for nearly twenty minutes. I even took a phone call, helping Mosquito persuade a potential customer to try hang-gliding, and piloted the glider for some time. Mosquito pointed out other operators who were rushing to get thier clients to the bottom while we floated along effortlessly side-by-side with the vultures and frigatebirds. Mosquito ended as he started, with another classic quote, telling us, "I didn't teach you how to walk, but today I taught you how to fly." It was a great experience and one I highly recommend.

• Adventure Travel

• Hang-gliding in Rio

by Maria_80 Updated Mar 28, 2007

Try it, you're in Rio!

I did it from Pedra Bonita but I am sure there are other options too. Nevertheless, view was awesome and pictures help you remember it the rest of your life, just in case you would otherwise forget :)

There are lots of web pages where you find tandem pilots, or find one from the beaches. I did it with Hilton Fly Rio.

• uruburei's Profile Photo

Great adventure in Rio!!! hangliding !!!

by uruburei Written Sep 14, 2007

One of the bests adventures in RIO DE JANEIRO Brasil is the TANDEM FLIGHT , a flight over the biggest urban forest in the world and landing in the beach. Adrenaline and beautifull........i recomend...it was the very best experience i ever had outside.....see pictures in ....

www.fotolog.net/fly_over_rio

and the video:

Hang gliding in Rio de Janeiro is a very special experience. You will have the unique sensation of flying like a bird, with a light breeze of tropical air in your face and surrounded by the beautiful mountains and beaches of Rio de Janeiro.

• Eco-Tourism
    • Adventure Travel
    • National/State Park

• Hang-Gliding above Rio

by junglerover Written Apr 14, 2003
    View from above on Barra

This is really worth the 80-100 US$. You get a wonderful view over Barra de Tjijuca. The whole thing lasts for about 10 to 15 min, depending on wind conditions. The picture was taken with my own camera, which I was holding in my hands. Also, there is a camera mounted to the glider with which you can take pictures of yourself. It costs 20 US$ extra, but you won't regret it. For booking, ask in your hotel. Usually they pick you up and drive you there and back to the hotel. This activity is not offered everyday, depending on wind conditions. After the flight, you may have to wait for the others in the group, before they get you home. Use the time to take pictures of people landing.
    BTW, the landing is really soft, I did not even use shoes.

• luwan's Profile Photo

Hang gliding

by luwan Updated Aug 3, 2007

A picture taken during my flight!

one word to hang gliding: SPECTACULAR!!!
    if you want to do, do in Rio de Janeiro!!! The landscape is so pretty!

My pics about hang-glider were taken on november 2003

Instant Answers: Rio de Janeiro

Comments

View all Rio de Janeiro hotels