The Palácio Pedro Ernesto, in Cinelândia, was built in 1923 to house the Brazilian Parliament but is now occupied by the City Council. It has witnessed some of the most important political events in Rio, even after the transfer of the capital to Brasília.
Antiga residencia de Getulio Vargas, um dos presidentes mais queridos do Brasil, conhecido como o pai dos trabalhadores, por criar dentre outros o salario minimo, o FGTS e a regulamentaçao da jornada de trabalho
Hoje o palacio e o museu da republica que alem de possuir um enorme acervo sobre o periodo, ainda possui objetos pessoais de Getulio e seu quarto do mesmo jeito que ele o deixou ao se suicidar.
Former residence of the brazilians presidets, one in special, Getulio Vargas, known as the "father of the works", because he created the laws in Brazil, for the minium wage, social security among others.
Today the palace is the museum of republic, and besides having lots of info and documents, on the period, it has Getulio´s room, just like he left when he commited suicide there
Hoje, museu da republica, o Palacio do Catete, ja foi o local de moradia e trabalho de varios presidentes do Brasi antes da capital ser transferiada para Brasilial, sendo o mais famoso de todos Getulio Vargas que se suicidou la, o palacio conta tambem com um belo jardim e um bar.
Nowadays, the museum of repblic, Palacio do Catete, was the home and workplace of several braziliian´s presidents before D.C. was transfered from Rio to Brasilia, being the most famous of it all, Getulio Vargas, who ruled the county for more than 10 years and commited suicide over there
Closer to Flamengo,it's the former President's residence.
Brazilian presidents lived here until 1954,when President Getulio Vargas commited suicide in his bedroom,and than,with the transfer of the Brazilian capital to Brasilia,it became a museum(Republic Museum).
It has a very interesting collection of French and Brazilian furniture,a cultural space for exhibitions,music,theater,cinema,video,and it has a book shop.
This magnificent building, located in the Centro next to cathedrals and the Imperial palace, was where the Brazilian congress met when Rio was Brazil's capital.