Punta Arenas Restaurants

Cool shot of the bar inside Jekus
    by HispanicYob
    by jnyvegas

Best Rated Restaurants in Punta Arenas

Las Asturias: Basque menu

by kyoub Written Jan 1, 2005

Las Asturias is a traditional Basque restaurant.
    Our guide book recommended it and said that it waspopular with the locals so we decided to try it.
    It was a great experience with super food , good atmosphere, and fast service.

Favorite Dish: The eel with garlic sauce is great.
    Large portion, tender, and reasonably priced

Finis Terrae Hotel: Panoramic views

by kyoub Written Jan 1, 2005

The views from the 6th floor, Restaurant Panoramico in the Finis Terrae Hotel are great.
    The buffet dinners on Friday and Sat eve are
    not as good as the views.
    Somewhat overpriced.
    They are quite busy so if you want to eat there be sure and reserve ahead of time.

Favorite Dish: The fish was very good.

End of world Hotel

Tierre del Fuego Hotel: Room service

by kyoub Updated Jan 1, 2005

The night we got there we were just to tired to go out for dinner so we decided to get something from the room service menu.
    Most everything had meat and I don't eat meat so there was a problem.
    We finally found a pizza that looked promising
    but what to put on it. There were several ingredents but we couldn't decide.
    Finally we ordered a pizza with cheese, corn, and asparagus.
    Don't laugh, it was delicious.
    I wish that I had taken a picture.

• ezaguryk's Profile Photo

Café Pub 1900: Coffe!!!!!!!!!

by ezaguryk Updated Feb 15, 2005

It is decorated with an English style. Excellent option to seat in a nice place and talk and drink coffee express, , natural juice, and deserts very good music.

Decorado con el estilo ingles de los ano 1900. Excelente opción para tomar café expreso, cortado, jugos naturales y dulces, muy buena música.

Favorite Dish: I love drinking Coffe in a nice place!!!!!!!!!!

Caf�� Pub 1900

• Ekahau's Profile Photo

El Remezon Restaurant: Oh the Lamb

by Ekahau Updated Sep 23, 2006

Now this is a very good restaurant, not over the top but subtle and simple tasty food. The chief has a different menu ever day based on the best fresh food he can get in the market or off the boat. The feeling of the place is warm and cozy with the owners art.

Favorite Dish: Chilean typical food, fish and seafood.

The Patagonian lamb was to die for I can still taste it

Sea Food

by ezaguryk Written Feb 16, 2005

The food was fabulous and the best service than I have received. The decoration is all marine details, his specialty in seafood

Wow Licor of Calafate, they said if you taste Calafate you will retuned to the Patagonia

La comida fue fabulosa y el mejor servicio que he recibido. La decoración es de motivos marinos, que va acorde con su especialidad en mariscos

Wow licor de calafate, dicen que si pruebas calafate volverás a la patagonia

Favorite Dish: Licor of Calafate
    Fish (congrio)

Not remenber the name: Chori Pan

by ezaguryk Written Feb 15, 2005

Local people come here to eat, good for a breakfast or a snack, small place with a bar with 10 chairs, very old. They only Sale Chori Pan and drinks, the Chori pan are like english muffin field with a paste of sauce with cheese or only cheese, wow it was very good

Los nativos de punta arenas van a comer aquí, muy bueno para el desayuno o una merienda, es un lugar pequeño con una barra con 10 sillas, es bastante antiguo. Solo venden Chori pan, es como english muffin, pan redondo y plano de 1 cm aprox, relleno de pasta de chorizo con queso o con solo queso. Muy rico.

Favorite Dish: Chori pan with a frutilla juice (strawberry milkshake)

Chori pan

Solito's: Popular around Punta Arenas People

by ezaguryk Written Mar 4, 2005

It is an elegant restaurant, very good at sea food, was a nice dinner

Un restaurante elegante, muy buenos los mariscos.

Favorite Dish: Entrance variety of sea food (Centolla, Locos, Shrimp, calamari’s)
    Entrada variada de mariscos (Centolla, Locos, calamares, camarones)

• MissAntarctica2002's Profile Photo

Gourmet Australis: Incredible Find!

by MissAntarctica2002 Written Nov 18, 2002

This place was rather out of the way. We nearly turned back because we seemed to be getting into a rougher part of town, but I'm glad we persevered. We arrived at around 8pm, which apparently is still ridiculously early by Chilean standards at that time of the year. We discovered that things normally get rolling about 9 or 10. Anyway, the staff were super-attentive and entertained us while the shef finished cooking the items for the buffet. We all enjoyed the food immensely, and it was very reasonably priced. The owner had a professional cameraman that night and he filmed our group a few times. My impression was that the restaurant has just opened very recently, so perhaps this was a commercial. If you're in Punta Arenas watching TV and see a commercial featuring a bunch of young people ready to zip off to Antarctica, let me know.

Favorite Dish: I had some cheesy ravioli that was excellent. Others raved about the buffet, but I couldn't try it because of food allergies.

• HispanicYob's Profile Photo

Jekus Restaurant Y Pub: Jekus

by HispanicYob Written Jan 10, 2009

The name not to appealing to you? Now that I think about it it's rather strange from my point of view. But the place is nice and cozy, especially in a town where it's pretty windy and cold. I had the Menu of the Day which was some sort of fish, I can't remember what kind it was but it was pretty good. They start you off with some bread and some pico de gallo which I always like, really good stuff. As well as some other little sides before your main meal.

Favorite Dish: Anything with fish and seafood is really great here. And that's coming from a guy who doesn't like seafood.

Inside of Cool shot of the bar inside Jekus
    • Singles
    • Study Abroad

• jnyvegas's Profile Photo

El Quijote ..2 blocks up from...

by jnyvegas Updated Aug 25, 2002

El Quijote ..2 blocks up from the ship dock in Punta Arenas...a nice place to relax and the food is pretty good.

• jnyvegas's Profile Photo

I had the Champagne chicken it...

by jnyvegas Written Aug 25, 2002

I had the Champagne chicken it was very good, I would say pass on the calamari though, they did not clean them very well before they cooked them.

Instant Answers: Punta Arenas

Comments

Punta Arenas Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Punta Arenas restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Punta Arenas sightseeing.