Santiago Restaurants

by spidermiss
  • Restaurants
    by spidermiss

Most Recent Restaurants in Santiago

• Qatir: RUDE waiters ITS WHAT WE HAVE!

by MelaniaC Written Feb 20, 2014

Worst service! RUDE waiters first, the waiter told us let me see what we have, then he came back you can order everything on the menú, so I ordered a shawarma, he said no we dont have....
    Then when ordering a dessert I ordered a pastry, another pastry came, took a bite and it was a coconut pastry not the walnut ordered, the response from the waiter was ¨ Its what we have! ¨ ¨ES LO QUE HAY!!!
    After telling him why dont u ask before bringing something that I did not ordered, what if Im allergic to Coconut??? he does not care ,his response was; the same rude chilean answer ES LO QUE HAY!

• La Cocina de Javier, Vitacura in Santiago: Avoid this retsaurant

by vosjol Written Sep 3, 2011

Very nice restaurant. Clean and fairly modern standard. It is traditional in style. The service is good, but the food is unfortunately not up to standard. I had a pisco sour that was way beyond the appropriate sugar level. The tomatos and union sallad had nicle sliced onions but the tomataoes were of a texture like they had been frozen before use. The fish a la Navarra had a delicious salsa but the fish itself Congrio, was only eatable to half the portion. The rest was with bones and very hard. The crema catalana was a joke. At least for me who have spent many days in Cataluña. It had a thick sugar covering and a crema that probably had been frozen as its texture was like a overcooked eggcreme. And, as ususal a very limited assortment of wine by the glass.
    However the staff was very kind, friendly and service minded.
    I would not recommend this restaurant.

Favorite Dish: The salsa a la Navarra was pretty good.

• filipdebont's Profile Photo

Gatsby - Buffet and Cafe: Lunch at Santiago Airport

by filipdebont Updated Apr 4, 2011

Wrap Caliente

As I needed to wait 8 hours for my connecting flight towards Easter Island, there was plenty of time to eat something at the Santiago Airport.

After a long flight, (1 h from Amsterdam to Paris, and another 14 h from Paris to Santiago), I was feeling a bit tired and was not into a big dish.

At the second level of the departure hall of Santiago airport there was the Gatsby - Buffet and Cafe. Which was serving a big buffet but they had also sandwiches and wraps on the menu.

I had Wrap Caliente with chicken meat.

It tasted good, but it was of course not the best meal I've ever eaten.

Favorite Dish: Wrap Caliente with Marinated chicken, lechuga, spinach, cheese pasta, mushrooms and olive oil.

Price : 3590 pesos

(1 dollar = 500 pesos)
    (1 euro = 772 pesos)

• filipdebont's Profile Photo

Hotel Panamericano: Dining in the Hotel restaurant

by filipdebont Updated Apr 4, 2011

Chicken Gordon Blue

As I arrived late in the evening (after 9 o'clock), I was not really in the mood to go look for a restaurant in the city centre, also outside it was cold and dark.

So I decided to eat in the hotel restaurant of the Panamericano hotel. And that was a good decision, the food just tasted great, service was friendly and very correct...

Favorite Dish: Pollo Gordon Blue (Chicken Gordon blue), exquisita suprema de ave rellena con queso y jamon coronado ensu propia salsa Madeira

Price : 5600 pesos

(1 USdollar = 500 pesos)
    (1 euro = 772 pesos)

• Jefie's Profile Photo

Pardo's Chicken: Peruvian roasted chicken in Chile!

by Jefie Updated Apr 4, 2011

Welcome to Pardo's!

I'd never heard of Pardo's Chicken before, but apparently it's fairly well known since they have restaurants in different countries. We headed over there for our last team dinner once the competition was over. We were immediately greeted with a great big smile by the cook and by the delicious smell of roasting chicken! As there were over 60 of us, we had agreed to only eat chicken to make it easier on the staff, but apparently that wasn't easy enough. Our poor waiter was totally confused, forgetting to take some tables' order, forgetting drinks, plates, chicken, you name it! As we were all in a pretty good mood we didn't mind too much, especially since it was worth the wait: the chicken was very, very good - there was some sort of fresh herbs flavour to it that made it stand out from all other roasted chicken I've had before. The fries were good and the salad was simple but generously covered with thick slices of avocado. The meal came down to about US$6 per person, including a soft drink. It was a nice way to end this very special week!

Favorite Dish: You can't go wrong with the chicken!

• jpizquierdo's Profile Photo

Amorio: Great bussines menu

by jpizquierdo Updated Apr 4, 2011

This is a really good place to be in they have avery goood set lunch menu, not expensive, the place is very nice and clean, decoration very modern. If you go by night you´ll have two choices, first floor restaurant, and second floor a very warming lounge full of people and good vibes, music by a very good DJ, a very extend drink menu.

• Beer Tasting
    • Business Travel

• Nelson1979's Profile Photo

Capricho Español: Best paella in town in a gayfriendly atmosphere

by Nelson1979 Updated Apr 4, 2011

The Paella Valenciana

This is a restaurant run by a gay couple and it has a very friendly atmosphere. The food is great and it has a very good name in the city. I had dinner here once and loved the place. The staff is extremely friendly!

Favorite Dish: My favourite dish is the Paella Valenciana. A great Paella with fresh seafood, something Chile is known for. The service was excellent and the food tasted great. I was even treated to the chilean national drink, a Pisco Sour.

• Nelson1979's Profile Photo

Barandarian: A Great Peruvian food restaurant

by Nelson1979 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Inside the restaurant

This is a typical Peruvian restaurant in Santiago de Chile. Peruvian food is renowned throughout the region and unfortunatelly hasnt achieved worldfame (yet). Its a great combination between meat and seafood.

Favorite Dish: When here try the Filet Mar y Tierra, a great steak with equatorian shrimps in a seafood sauce. Its delicious.

• leonardogalfano's Profile Photo

Bandolero, Albergue de Creadores: Chilean Traditional Food and Music

by leonardogalfano Updated Apr 4, 2011

Musicians sharing a great barbeque in The Patio

In a 19th Century old House this unique place as provide us with a great evening of Chilean Traditional Food and Great Music with and outdoor Patio Quincho of Parrilladas and a beautiful Horno de Barro (Clay Oven). The Empanadas are fantastic with a special great flavor in the mix of meat, onions, boiled eggs, raisins and fresh olives, a great pie cooked in the outdoor oven. The parrilladas are prepared in front of your eyes and you can talk to the Parrillero (Chef) and ask some tips in how to prepare them, great experience and let me tell you that the flavors and seasoning of the meats are out of this world. Great Salad Bar and many tipical dishes in the menu, desserts and more. Sea food dishes also and a house made marinera soup. In one word a great place to know and understand a little more of Chilean Culture, the owner speak English and have a lot of history tales to share from trips in the country side and recomendations of places to visit, a guided tour of Santiago and Chile with the sound of spanish guitars.

Favorite Dish: Lomo a lo pobre, was great with a good size portion of meat 200 gramos, with fried onion, french fries and 2 eggs in top, uf... what a dish.
    The Parrilladas al Plato give us the opportunity to taste Bife de Lomo (Steak), Longanizas(Pork Sausage) and Prietas (Blood-Sausage) with the choice of Pollo Asado (Barbeque Chicken) or Chuletas de Cerdo(Pork Ribs) served wit a choice of Potatoes or Rice.
    Salads are great and fresh, Choclo (Corn), Apio Palta (Celery with Avocados), Lettuce and Coliflower, Potatoes Salad and many more.
    An the King of Chilean Asados "Pebre" a great salsa with Pan Amasado, what more can you ask ffor one evening with great Chilean Music and Floor Dance.
    The ambience and surroindings are great and no waiting to be served, I recomend this place because they make me feel special and welcome.

• Seniors
    • Music

• IIGUANA's Profile Photo

Boca: Small, but with great food

by IIGUANA Updated Apr 4, 2011

Boca restaurant is quite a small one. But the food is great. They don't have a big menu, but what they have is great. There only 10 tables, but it's not always filled with people. Avoid luch time since it might be crowded, but a good quite dinner is just perfect if you want to avoid packed restaurants and junk food

Favorite Dish: Do try the grilled meat with potato tortilla, or try the Easter Island tuna, which is great.

• mev1976's Profile Photo

La Mesa del Mundo: This is exotic food.

by mev1976 Updated Apr 4, 2011

This restaurant it´s very nice, and the food is excellent, I really like to go there with friends, and have a good time, the atmosphere is a mixture of polynesian an african stile.
    I recomend you this place, maybe it´s not very chilean but its a good place

Favorite Dish: Uff very difficult, I´m semi vegetarian so I allways ask for fruit salads or fish and there are excellent, but the food it´s nice I can smell it.

• sheherezad's Profile Photo

The Market Place

by sheherezad Updated Jan 11, 2011

My transfer man/tour guide had recommended I go to the Market Place for lunch on my first day in Santiago - but nobody could understand me when I asked for directions while trying to get there! I suggest you use the Spanish term for it? Mercado of something like that? I can't quite recall! ;-)

It is also a stop for the hop-on hop-off bus for Santiago (which my guide/transfer man didn't recommend coz he said tourists he had recommended it to had complained the narration system was always broken down).

But be forwared - I was also most often sent in the opposite direction to where I wanted to go to in Santiago when enquired in English from people who said they could speak English!

• spidermiss's Profile Photo

Bravissimo: The Amazing Icecream!

by spidermiss Updated Aug 22, 2010

Icecream sundae

This Icecream bar/cafe is one my favourite places. There's a wide range of flavours to choose from. I loved spending an afternoon relaxing there and enjoy a sundae. You can order sandwiches and salads if you're seeking an healthy alternative and there are also milk shakes and cakes.

I paid around 4000-5000 CLP (November 2008) for an icecream sundae.

• spidermiss's Profile Photo

El Huerto: Santiago's Best Vegetarian Restaurant!

by spidermiss Updated Aug 22, 2010

This is Sanitago's top vegetarian restaurant where I had a few meals there during my stays in Santiago. I loved the food and appreciated the vegetarian cuisine and the wide range of choices available.

Favorite Dish: I thorougly enjoyed the Gardens Choice Platter and the Mexican Burritas.

The chocolate cheescake was my favourite desert.

I paid 10,000 CLP (November 2008) for a main course with drinks and coffee included.

• kiwigal_1's Profile Photo

La Coquinaria: La Coquinaria Cafe

by kiwigal_1 Updated Jun 22, 2010

Coquinaria is an outstanding lunch venue located in the basement area of the new W hotel building. It is both a restaurant/cafe and a gourmet market with fresh cheeses, ham, chocolates and pasta, amongst other delicacies.
    There is both indoor and outdoor dining available.

Favorite Dish: I have been working my way through the menu and am yet to have something that I didn't like. A favourite is the Chicken and Prawn salad or one of the sandwiches with the french fries done in a little paper cone.

Instant Answers: Santiago

Comments

Santiago Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Santiago restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Santiago sightseeing.