close to the port: the old shopping-mall
This shopping-centre is interesting for tourists for 2 reasons :
1) it is an excellent collection of unique and special buildings dating back to the times of the first pioneers and settlers from Germany
2) From the port you can get there easily within 3 minutes and you can even do so when you have just a few minutes left, when you come back from an organized tour
What to buy: you will be able to get great handicrafts and other souvenirs. Chiloe, the island of the native poeple of Chile is not far away from Puerto Montt, so you will find lots of unique handicrafts there !
- Family Travel
artesans stalls: Tourist trinkets to take home for the kids etc.
This is a row of stalls about 5 minutes walk from the entrance to the cruise-ships tenders dropping off point.
Get off your tender, go up the ramps, out the terminal building and when you are in the street turn left (away from the town! ) and walk for about 5 minutes. The stalls are there.
The prices here are really cheap compared with Ushuaia, Ponta Arenas etc.
The shops are not all the same ---don't go by first appearances!
Sorry, I didn't take any photos of these stalls.
What to buy: Well, we bought shawls, instruments, wooden artifacts, some leatherware
What to pay: a few dollars
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices